Chapter fourteen

A week later, there was a knock on the door of the Matthews as the friends watched a movie. Riley opened it, revealing a little body of a wet, shivering, crying girl in a navy blue overall dress and a white shirt short sleeve shirt underneath. Riley stared in shock as she guided her in. Topanga ran over, grabbing a blanket on the way and then wrapping it around the girl.
"What are you doing here."
"I went home but my mom and John had well, plans at my apartment and John kicked me out."
"Does your mom know?" Maya shook her head.
"I'll call her."
"You might not want to do that."
"Why?"
"They're busy."
"What were you trying to tell me when I hung up?" Asked Lucas.
"And why are you home?" Asked Riley. Maya bit her lip.
"Dad?"
"Maya?"
"I fainted because I'm sick."
"And you took pills." Said Cory.
"Diet pills. I took the pills and didn't eat and eventually fainted. The doctor said that I am sick and so, I'm back."
"I hung up on you. You needed help and I hung up."
"It's okay. I never called you back."
"You can borrow some clothes." Said Riley.
"Thanks." She said as Riley lead her to her room. A few minutes later, Maya walked out with Riley's clothes hanging on Maya."
"Do you have anything smaller, Riley?" Asked Topanga.
"No. Maya, why are you doing this to yourself?" Maya didn't answer but just looked into Riley's eyes. After two hours of watching tv, together, Farkle, Lucas and Maya all left the apartment.
"Do you want me to walk you home?"
"That's not necessary, but thanks."
"Why not?"
"No reason."
"You're not going home, are you?"
"I can't."
"Than why did you tell everyone you were."
"I just really didn't want to be left alone with the Matthews. I don't like being worried about."
"You can come to my apartment."
"Thanks."