Chapter Four: September 2014 11:46pm

"What the fuck Harrison?"

My head hurt, God did it ever, and my drunken eyes switched back and forth from my mother to my father. She spoke wildly with her hands, while he remained stoic and silent, his jaw rigid. My older brother, Jeff, stood by my side and occasionally glanced down on at me.

"What's this about, Karena?" My father said, his arms crossed against his slightly overweight stomach.

"You let her leave the house and she comes back drunk! Couldn't you have properly watched her?" My mother responded.

"This isn't my fault. Don't try and blame it on me!" His face began to flush red and his voice grew louder.

"You should've watched out for her! She shouldn't be drinking at this age!"

Well, I shouldn't be having sex either, but shit happens.

I giggled profusely, my mind slow. My brother raised a bushy, light eyebrow at me, his slender hand on the back of the chair I sat on. My parents simply ignored me, though their argument was specifically about me.

"I'm done with your shit, I've put up with it for twenty-three years and I can't handle it anymore," My father said all of a sudden and his voice cracked at the end of his sentence.

"Dad-" Jeff said.

Everything stopped as my mother raised her hand and hit him. His head whipped to the side, while the sound echoed throughout the eerily silent kitchen.

"Jeff, you either stay here or you come with me," My father said, his eyes hard.

"Dad, what about me?" I said instantly and I couldn't help the whine that was in my voice.

He shook his head, "I can't deal with you right now."

"But, you can't leave me with this woman!" I protested.

"Go to your room," my father commanded and pushed me out of the room.

As I walked up the stairs, I heard my mother start to sob. By the time the sun rose, my father and brother were gone.