Chapter Twenty-Six: February 2016 9:15pm

He acted worse then I had thought he would when he found out. His eyes were wide with fury, his mouth in a scowl. Ares crossed his arms across his chest, while he leaned over me. I stood my ground, firm in my choices and my reasoning.

"Why would you work at such a disgusting place like that?" Ares asked, angry and disgusted.

"I needed money," I shrugged.

"But they're using you! They're using your body as a way to make more money and bring people coming in and back," Ares argued.

"It pays phenomenal though," I said.

"But it's degrading," Ares said exasperated, "those guys don't care about the coffee or the pastries, they are only there to ogle pretty girls! That stupid manager is teaching girls that all that guys pay attention to are their looks and those separate tip jars will plummet their self-esteems."

"You sound like a dad," I commented dryly.

"I'm not a dad," Ares said irritated, "I just care about you. We can find a new job for you, a better job that isn't so degrading."

"I don't want a different job," I told him and shook my head, "I like this job."

"Why?"

"Why? Because with this job, I'm independent. This was my choice and if it's a mistake, it will be my mistake. I appreciate your help, but I don't want it now. I want to do my own things my own way for now."

Ares nodded in understanding before he took a step forward and engulfed me in a warm hug, "Just...just call me if you need anything, alright?"

I nodded against his chest and then we were reduced to silence, each of just enjoying the closeness and warmth.