Chapter Thirty-Three: April 2016 12:09pm

Maybe it was fear that drove me into silence. The fear of the possibility that I could drive him further and further away from me. And so, I sat in deadly silence as Ares scanned the computer monitor in front of him. He didn't bother to glance over at me as he scrolled up and down the webpage. I watched his face closely and frowned when a tick in his jaw appeared.

"Are you just going to sit there staring at me or are you going to contribute?" Ares said, with a tired sigh.

"I don't want to do this," I said honestly.

"It's the only way right now to keep you safe. Once this is all over and I've graduated, I'll meet up with you, I promise. Just give me time," Ares said.

"Really?" I asked, the shock clear in my high-pitched tone.

A light smile graced his lips as he glanced over at me, "Really."

I noticed the bags under his eyes, darker then the sky at the witching hour, and moved closer to him. He didn't look too well, stress and an apparent lack of sleep had begun to wear him out.

"Have you gotten any rest lately?" I said, my face awfully close to his.

"No, I've been too worried about you," Ares said earnestly.

My breath caught in my throat while I stared into his handsome eyes. Ares leaned forward a little, his face emotionless but he still looked relaxed.

"What's your last name?" Ares asked curiously.

"Why do you want to know?" I replied.

"To search up your family members," Ares said with a chuckle.

"I can't believe you forgot," I laughed, "it's Colsen."

Ares immediately frowned at that and my laughter died out, "What's wrong?"

"That name," Ares said and paused, "it's so generic."

"Your point?" I said, my voice rigid.

"It doesn't do you justice," Ares said wistfully and pulled back, his eyes dark and thoughtful.

Then, I watched in awe as he turned back to the computer and continued his search like nothing had ever happened.