Chapter Thirty-Nine: May 2016 8:35am

Conversation passed easily for the next half-an-hour and Ares always had some way of physical contact with me. The entire time, if his hand was not on my knee, he would wrap his arm around my waist and pull me closer to him. Though I glared at him, I couldn't lie, there was a warmth inside of me when I was with him.

But now, it was time to say goodbye, even if just for a while. I had planned everything I had and the things I had acquired during my time with Ares and placed them in his car. My father insisted that it wouldn't be a problem if I came with them immediately after our meeting once more. Ares seemed a little more reluctant, as was I, but we both agreed. My things had already been moved to my father's car and all that was left was to say goodbye.

"So, apparently we're official now?" I asked him with a smirk.

Ares stared down at me, his hands placed right above my hipbones, "I didn't hear you object."

"I had a hot guy with his hand on my knee," I joked, "how could I say no?"

"So you think I'm hot, huh?" Ares mused as he leaned closer.

"Don't flatter yourself," I laughed as his forehead was pressed against mine.

"I'll miss you," Ares said, uncharacteristically the one to initiate a serious or deep conversation.

"And all my stupid problems?" I mumbled with a bitter tone.

"I wouldn't have you any other way," Ares said honestly.

And then, we were kissing.

Fuck.

How was I supposed to leave this boy now?

I pulled away first, my lungs in need of air and the awkwardness of family members nearby. Ares grinned down at me, while he didn't seem affected at all.

"I can do this all day," Ares cooed into my left ear.

His teeth grazed my outer earlobe and I shivered but pushed him gently on his chest. Ares pulled back, a small pout on his lips.

"I have to go," I said and glanced towards my family who stood there awkwardly.

Ares nodded in understanding, "I'll miss you still."

"I'll miss you too," I said and broke out of the embrace.

"Bye girlfriend," Ares called with a wave as I walked away.

"Bye boyfriend," I laughed as I walked over to my family's car.

Jeff and my father entered the car and I was the last in. My father started up the old Jeep and I glanced back towards Ares. He stood outside of the restaurant, his hands awkwardly shoved in his pockets. He had a sad smile on his face, as if he knew something I didn't, before he turned to his car. He opened his door and glanced back towards me one more time before he looked down and swiftly entered the car.

I sighed and although I was glad to be safe again, that feeling was nothing compared to when I was with Ares.

God, I really turned into a cheesy motherfucker, didn't I?