Chapter Thirty-Two: April 2016 10:11am

I couldn't register anything but my shock as I stared at him, but his stoic expression told me he was serious. Ares tapped his fingers anxiously on the wooden bed frame as he glanced to his right. I sat up and clenched my jaw.

"You have other family right?" Ares asked me and I nodded, "we need to find them."

"What do you mean?" I said.

"You can't stay here, in the same state as her. It's dangerous," Ares told me, "I'm going to get you out."

"And you think my family would help me?"

"Why wouldn't they?"

"I haven't spoken to my only living relatives in almost two years," I explained, "I don't even have any idea where they are."

"We'll find them," Ares said confidently.

"How can you be so sure?" I said.

"We have the internet," Ares grinned.

"Come with me," I said, "I don't need to find my family. You and me can do this."

"What?" Ares said with an edge in his voice, "no! I have a life here, I can't just leave."

"But, it would just be the two of us, we could do it."

"I'm still in school! I have to pay rent and study and graduate. I'm not you. Besides, even if I did go with you, we wouldn't have enough money to survive."

"Ares-"

"No. We're going to find your family and you're either going with them or going alone. That's final."

Ares stood up and let go of my hand obviously pissed off and left the room suddenly. Although I swung my legs off of the bed, I didn't chase after him and instead just stared at the door he had exited from.