Chapter 11: The First of Many

[Jack's POV]

I ran as fast as I could go the car, and flailed myself in it.

"So, how'd it go?" Wade asked, as the car started to drive.
"Hunky dory, Wade, hunky dory." I said with sarcasm.
"What happened?" Bob asked.
"I had to go sit in a room full of mannequins, then a room full of bugs and shit, then I had to go through a long ass hallway that had a jumpscare right before the next room, and last but not least, a room full of dolls. Did I mention that the dolls started to move around on their own?" I said, out of breath.
"Where did your shirt go?" Wade asked, looking at me.
"I had to throw it off when spiders were crawling all over it." I replied with a groan. "But that's not important. We gotta get to the next destination!" I yelled in a rushy tone.
"Jack, it's 11 o'clock at night! You need to give yourself a break."
"Mark is in danger! He-"

Bob abruptly stopped the car, and looked at me with a cold stare.
"Look at yourself, Jack. You can barely talk out of exhaustion, you are barely even keeping your eyes open. You need sleep. We'll wake up early, and get to the next stop as fast as possible. I promise. Ok?"
"Thanks Bob." I told him, starting to tear up. I missed Mark so much. It's going to be impossible to sleep without his presence.
"We are going to find Mark, I promise." Bob said assuringly.

[time skip]

"Mark!" I yelled, as I ran up to him, holding my arms out. He held his arms out as well, and pulled me into an embrace. We both smiled, and locked lips. I closed my eyes, and continued to kiss him passionately. All of a sudden, his presence disappeared.

I opened my eyes, to see Mark tied up to a chair, a blindfold on his eyes, and tape over his mouth. I tried to run to him, but I was quickly restrained by two men with masks on. I screamed, and tried to shake them off, but it was no use. I couldn't move.

A man suddenly appears beside Mark, a gun in hand. Without saying a word, he puts the gun up to Mark's head.

"No! Please! Stop!" I yelled in agony. The man says nothing. A few seconds later, the man pulled the trigger. The sound of the gun woke me up from that nightmare. I looked around my room, and gave a heavy sigh. That was the worst nightmare I have ever had.

I ran into Bob's room, and shook him, attempting to wake him. He opened his eyes, and wiped them.
"Hey Jack, are you ready t-"
"We've gotta go. Now."