Chapter 14: One Moment

[Mark's POV]

I got tired of just sitting there doing nothing. There had to be a way to contact Jack somehow. I had to think of something. I looked around the room, trying to look for something of importance. Directly behind me, there was what seemed to be a payphone. I hopped to the payphone, though it was difficult to do that tied up to a chair. The payphone was low enough for my hands to reach, but my hands were tied behind me.

I thought for a moment, trying to think of a solution. I realized I had some really convenient coins in my back pocket that I could barely reach. I carefully got them out, and hopped in a position that allowed me to put the coins in. I put them in, and dialed Jack's number, although it proved to be difficult to do.

I heard the silence break, and heard the sound of Jack's breathing.
"Jack! Oh my god! Jack, I miss you so much!" I said, relieved. I started to tear up, knowing I could finally talk to him.
"Mark! Oh my god Mark! You have no idea how much I miss you!"
"I miss you too! Look, I don't have much time to talk. I just want you to know I love you, and I know you're going to save me." I told him in a hurried manner.
"I love you too! I'm coming for you, Markimoo!"
"I know. I'm sorry, I don't know where I am."
"Oh god. Just know I'm hurrying as fast as I can!"

Just when I could finally talk to him, I heard footsteps coming, and panicked. I wish I could've told him more, I wish I could've held him longer, but I freaked out.
"Oh god, their coming! Jack! Hurry please! I love you! Hugs and kisses!"
"Hugs and kisses." He replied, starting to cry.
"Don't cry Jack! Stay strong." I told him, trying to calm him down. Jack's crying was the most heartbreaking thing to hear. It hurt me so much to hear him in pain. But I soon experienced physical pain, but it wasn't as bad as the emotional pain I was being put through.

"If you do this again, you'll be sorry!" A man yelled, smashing me with what seemed to be a wine bottle. I felt blood oozing from my head, and I yelled from the pain. I then felt a sharp sting in my neck, and I saw the world slowly go dark.