Chapter 24: Hurting Myself

[Jack POV]

"Who's the kid, Jack?" Wade asked, as I entered the door.
"Chase Fields. He needs a place to stay, and I offered to allow him to sleep in my room, since I won't be using it too much until I find Mark." I smiled, putting an arm on Chase's shoulder. He smiled back, remaining silent. He seemed to be very nervous, as if someone was after him. There was his dad, but I was sure us three could protect him.

"Hey, he could help us with investigation stuff." Bob chimed in.
"That's what I was going to suggest."
"Sounds good."
"Hey, Jack, are you sure you don't want help with any of the missions?" Chase asked, eager to help in any way possible.
"I'm sure. Actually, let me check out what the next mission is."
I opened the note I had set on the note, and read it. The words typed on the paper made me start to shake.

Are you willing to harm yourself for the one you love?

30103 Parkson Road

Best of luck to you.

"Hey guys, I may want you guys to drive me." I shuddered, as they nodded in responded.

<><><>

"We're here." Bob interrupted our conversation with an abrupt stop.
"Ok. I know something bad is going to happen. If I don't come out in 20 minutes, come find me." I muttered.
"Right." Chase nodded.

I got out of the car, and walked to the door. There were words engraved into the door, so I quickly read them to myself.

This little piggy went to the market
This little piggy stayed home
This little piggy had roast beef
This little piggy had none
The last little piggy went "ow ow ow" all the way home

I opened the door, and walked down the hallway, seeing the door I needed to go in. I slowly walked, feeling like someone was watching. It appeared to be an extremely eerie place, but was even more disturbing about it was that I didn't know what the mission meant by "hurting myself".

I opened the door to the next room, and I shrieked, for what I was doing was going to be one of the hardest missions yet.