Chapter 35: Son

[Chase's POV]

"Shh, I think he's waking up." I heard Mark's voice say. I slightly open my eyes, to see Jack, Mark, Bob, and Wade standing at my bedside.
"You're a hero, Chase. You're a hero." Jack smiled, patting my head slightly. I smiled, wiping my eyes.
"Not really. You know I would never do that to you guys... I will never leave you guys." I smiled, glancing at all of them. They didn't say anything. The just smiled at one another, slightly laughing.
"What... What's so funny?" I asked.
"Well, let's just say we know you'll never leave us, now." Jack laughed.
"You're scaring me." I laughed nervously. I was confused about what they were trying to suggest to me.

They all just smiled, all of them... Looking happy. I had never seen all of them happy through all of this. It was incredible.
"Well, we know how you wouldn't have any place to go if you were to just leave. So..." Mark turned to Jack, who just looked back at him with a blank expression.
"Oh. I'm telling him." All of them laughed at one another, Jack looking paler than ever.
"Ok, this is only if you're up to it, ok Chase?"
"Uh, ok?" I said as a question, giggling a tiny bit.

"Well, there's no subtle way to say this, so I'm just going to bluntly ask you." Jack looked directly into my eyes, and clears his throat.
"Chase, would you like to be our son?" Jack asked, resting his arm on Mark's shoulder.
I smiled, opening my mouth wide out of shock.
"Y-yes! I'd love to!" I yelled. Mark and Jack went up to me, and pulled us into a giant group hug.

[Wade's POV]

"They're finally going to be happy. All three of them." Bob murmured to me, smiling. "They deserve it."
"Hell yeah they do. After all of what happened, they deserve everything they want, quite frankly." I added.
"Yeah."
We stood there, as the three of them talked about everything they are going to do as a family.
"So, the question is... Who proposes to who?" I asked, laughing. Bob chuckles, thinking about the question.
"Knowing the two of them? Mark will. After all that has happened, Mark will feel like he owes that to Jack." He answered.
"Huh. I guess we'll see." I smiled, as me and Bob left the family to their excitement.