Chapter 16: Rushing

"Wow... You smuggled drugs?!" Wade asked, surprised. I made a stop by Wade's house, and Bob was hanging out there as well.
"I had to!" I lashed out at him, sounding angrier than I had planned to sound.
"Woah, Jack, I'm sorry. It's just... It's just crazy what you'll do for Mark."
"Is it crazy? I don't think so. It's not crazy to do anything for the love of your life." I answered in a serious tone.
"Jack is right. I'm sorry we can't help you Jack. Just know we'll be here to support you, no matter what." Bob chimed in.
"Thanks." I responded, hugging Bob. I started to cry, starting to tremble whenever I tried to speak. I was broken, driving myself insane with sadness, and pushing my limits.

"I just miss him so much." I cried, wiping some of the tears on my shirt.
"We know you do. But you just got to power through it." Wade attempted to cheer me up.
"I... He called me."
"What?!" Bob and Wade said in unison.
"He called me from where he was kidnapped. He told me how much he missed me, and how he knew I was going to save him. That call is something that is making me not want to take my time to find him..."
"Wow." Bob frowned. "This... This is just so intense. Why is this world so fucked up?"
"I know, right?"

A long silence followed, as we all subtly went into thought.
"Jack, you should probably eat." Bob said changing the conversation, hearing my stomach rumble.
"I need to get going. I just stopped by to check in on you guys." I replied, starting to get ready to leave.
"But Jack! You haven't eaten since he... Since he went missing. That was a couple of days ago! You need to eat!" Wade insisted.
"Wade, I can't just sit here and eat! Mark is in trouble!"
"I... I understand." Wade sulked.
"I know you care, I just... I need to do this for Mark."
"I know. Be careful."
"Yeah. Don't do anything stupid." Bob smiled, chuckling through his grief. I could tell this was affecting them. They just would never laugh, and hardly ever smile. It was truly sad.

I ran out the door, afraid of yet again another mission.