Chapter 20: The Most Awful Lie

[Jack's POV]

"Ugh, why can't you guys give me a break?" I grunted over the phone, since they were hassling me to come home.
"We are giving you a break by telling you to come home! Your body can't handle this much, Jack!"
"You can't tell me to do, Bob."
"Jack, I demand that you are to come home right now." Bob ordered. "We only want' what's best for you."
"What's best for me?! What's best for me is to have Mark in my arms again!"
"Jack, we get that, but you need to also care for your health! I mean, Mark would want you to still care about your health, too."
I sighed, because I knew he was right.
"Fine. I'll be there in a minute."

<><><>

"So Jack, Bob and I have decided to actually make ourselves useful." Wade said, placing my breakfast in front of me.
"That's surprising." I sneered, laughing a tiny bit through my mouth full of bacon.
"Well, me and Wade decided to start to investigate who exactly is behind all of this."
"How are you expecting to do that, with no information given to you?" I asked, confused on how they would know where to start.
"Just leave that to us!" Wade chirped, eager to help.
"Thank you guys. For everything you've done." I smiled, as I continued to eat my breakfast.

They started to immediately work on the case, leaving me to my breakfast. I looked around, looking at the things I've forgotten about lately. The sky, birds chirping, even the floor. I just have been so focused on finding Mark, I'm hoping I'm not slowing losing myself. I don't even know if I've lost Mark yet, or myself. That's a scary thought to come across: losing the things that make you yourself. If I lose Mark, I'm losing myself.

I finished up my breakfast, and opened the note I obtained from the Walmart bathroom.

Are you willing to lie to the world for the one you love?

Post a video on YouTube, saying you and Mark have broken up. A YouTube account by the name of  "Falcon Lover" will post an address in the comments section, which will be the destination of your next mission.

Best of luck.

I started to shake, as I felt myself beginning to sweat. I didn't want to lie to my fans. I loved them, and they've done so much for me. I hated the fact that I had to lie to them. Hopefully they will understand, when me and Mark make a video about this whole disaster.

<><><>

"Hello. This is Jack. I just... Wanted to make a video, saying me and Mark are broken up. I am leaving YouTube for a while. I'm sorry I haven't made a video the last few days, either. I will explain all of this when I feel comfortable with it. In the meantime, please show nothing but support. I love you guys."

I ended the video there. I know my fans would be freaking out, so I didn't read the comments. I loved my fans, but I feel their worrying would make me feel even worse for having to lie to them. I felt like an awful person. But I pushed myself to brush it off, so I could keep my sanity.

Conveniently, Falcon Lover was the first comment that appeared below the video. The channel appeared to be advertising itself, but then it has an address below the consistent asking for subscribers. 

5553 Dusty Field Lane