Chapter 27: Death is Upon Us

[Jack's POV]

I slowly wake up, seeing Chase leaning over me.
"Oh, thank god you're ok." Chase smiled, handing me a juice box. I sipped on it, feeling my dry throat go away.
"Wh-where am I?" I asked, looking around the room.
"You're at a hospital. But you can't stay long, you have to go on you're next mission. I... It doesn't..." Chase trailed.
"What is it?"
Chase pulled out his phone, and showed me a picture of the computer screen.

This is your final mission, Jack. Are you willing to die for the one you love?

4441 Cox Lane

I could feel my stomach drop. I'm going to have to kill myself. How did I not see this coming? I can't believe I did all of this, just so I could never be able to hold Mark in my arms for the rest of his life. I just want to be with him. I don't care what other people thought, I just wanted him.

I then remembered the real purpose of why I am doing this. It was never about me. It was about him. I then recognized me true purpose for whatever time I had left: to save Mark. That was what I was always doing, I just put my own desires before actually doing what I was meant to do. It shouldn't matter if I live or die, what matters is that Mark is ok. I feel that I lost sight of that idea, because I never knew that I would have to say goodbye to Mark so soon.

I ripped off all of the medical equipment that was attached to me, and went to find Wade and Bob.
"Jack! You know that was danger-"
"What does it matter? I'm going to die anyway!"
Chase quieted himself, looking down.
"Chase, I-"
"No. I get it, it's fine." Chase murmured.
"Chase, can I tell you something?"
"Sure. Anything."
"Thank you for all your work. I'm... I'm proud of you."
"Thanks."

We both found Bob and Wade in the lobby of the hospital, and rushed them out to the car.
"Step on it!" I yelled.