Chapter 33: The Story Behind It All

[Jack's POV]

"C-Caleb?" I asked in shock, as I see him and what seemed to be a few of his henchmen. They were sitting there, drinking while playing a game of cards.
"Oh, so you have arrived!" He smiled, getting up from his chair. I gave him an ice-cold stare, wiping the smile off his face. "I'm so happy you've completed all of the missions! You're the first one to have completed all of them. Oh, how I admire you so..."
"You son of a bitch! I don't really know who you are, but the hell you've put us through... It's inhumane!" Mark barked, using a tone that even scared at me. Caleb just smiled, and looked down.

"You all will understand soon enough." Caleb grinned. All of a sudden, Chase, Bob, and Wade bursted into the room.
"Oh my god! Jack! You're ok!" Bob and Wade yelled in unison. They quickly hugged me, then turned to face Caleb and his crew.
"C-Caleb?" Chase chimed in. I was confused for a moment, watching silently. How did Chase know Caleb?
"Son! Come hug your father!" Caleb smiled, holding his arms out to Chase.
"You are not my father. Not anymore. Not after what you've done." Chase answered, giving him a deadly stare.
"Hm, perhaps you all would care for an explanation." He suggested.
"Damn right I do!" I yelled.
"Yeah!"
"We shouldn't need an explanation!"
"We hate you!"
"Silence! All of you!" Caleb ordered, as we all immediately became silent.

"Now, all of these 'missions' were to test how much you loved your beloved Mark. I will say, I am a huge fan of all your work." Caleb smiled, making me sick to my stomach. This man was the most corrupted person I had ever encountered. I remained silent, still giving him an angry look.
"Now, what truly was the harm in this experiment? Sure, you made be mad at me for all that I put you through, but what did I really put you through? I just wanted to prove to society that there is still hope for this world. There are still kindhearted people out there. Like you, Jack." I stared at him, with nothing but pure anger.
"There is nothing you can do to justify what you've done! You've hurt Mark! You've hurt me! I have nine fucking toes for Christsake! Wanna count them?" I asked out of rage, taking my shoes and socks off, revealing my nine toes. "You're right. I will anything for Mark. But that doesn't mean you have to prove it to everyone else. I don't care what anyone thinks, I know what I'm capable of, and I'm capable of loving Mark with all my heart, no matter what happens." I smiled at Mark, who's face was a bright red, as he smiled back with nothing but love.

Caleb frowned, his face getting flustered. "Do you know how many people I subjected this trial to? Twenty. Twenty people just quit on who they said they loved the most. This world has no hope. The world won't even try to save what they love the most. Do you know how sad that is, Jack?"
I remain silent for a moment, then responded.
"Just because people won't subject themselves to your little experiments doesn't mean they don't love their lover. What your subjecting them to is unreasonable! You're telling them to kill themselves, only to see them for the small moments they have left! That's insane! What you're doing is wrong!" I yelled.
"It's unreasonable to think that true love exists! I would know!" Caleb yelled back.
"No you wouldn't! You hardly acknowledge that your very own son exists!" Chase chimed in. Caleb stared at his son, starting to tear up. He quickly brushes off the feeling, as if the man was a robot.
"Chase. Come stand by me now, and you'll finally get the love you deserve."

Chase stood there for a moment. He just stared at his father, as if he were a stranger. To my shock, he joined his father, standing behind him as if he was a stray dog that we had just beaten.
"Chase! What are you-" Bob got cut off by Wade.
"Why are you joining him?" Wade asked.
I just stood there in disappointment, glancing quickly at Mark. Mark was shaking, just watching all of it go down. I could tell he just wanted to go home. I wanted to go home too.

All of this was the most chaos ever to have crossed my life. All I wanted to do is be happy, and look where it got me: all the people I love the most in this world are most likely going to die, because I dragged them into it. I felt so at fault. No. It is my fault. My selfishness got me into this, and now I am not going to escape my actions alive.

"Now, I was going to let you live your lives, but unfortunately your attitude shows that you'd be dangerous to release back out to the world. Gentlemen!" He yelled, as his henchmen pulled out pistols. We all scream at the sight, and we all put our hands over our heads.
"N-no! We won't tell anyone! We swear!" Mark pleaded.
"Unfortunately, we cannot afford that risk. But the good news is that we got all the data we needed, so your lives aren't important to anyone except yourselves." Caleb smiled.
"Please! Don't kill us!" We all cried.
"Alright! Kill them!" Caleb yelled.

"I don't think so."

[Authors note]

We are reaching towards the end, everyone! Sorry I left y'all on another cliff hanger, but I made a SUPER long for ya! Please tell me if I should make another Fanfiction on Septiplier, a sequel to this book, or some bonus information on some characters like Caleb. Maybe even suggestions to find pictures of what Caleb and Chase look like! But I need your help! Tell me what you think of all that! And be sure to support me as you have. So be sure to comment and tell people about this book, I really worked hard on it. Thank you so much for being awesome!