Chapter 32: A Horrible Truth

[Bob's POV]

"Yeah, my father was the worst. He didn't even think of me as 'family'. He would tell people that he has no family. As if... As if I was nonexistent. Every day, I would go to school, then go straight to work after that. I'm a waiter at Fritz's Pizza Place. I-"
"Oh yeah, we actually saw you there." Wade interrupted. "The day Mark went missing."
"Y-yeah! I remember that! You guys were there that one day!" He answered. "Yeah, that night was like every other night unfortunately. He and his buddies always hang out there every day."
"Hold on a sec. Were they around when we were there?"
"Yeah. They were the only other people there. Not a lot of people go to that place often. I-"
"Wait a second. The guys there mysteriously left when Mark was kidnapped!" Wade exclaimed.
"Chase, what does your dad do for a living?" I asked worriedly.
"He never told me. He always said 'it's none of my damn business.' The guys he always hangs out with always seemed to always be up to something mysterious, I just never knew what."

"Alright, let me put some pieces together. What does he look like?" I asked.
"He was always looked kinda younger, at least younger than he was. He has a deeper voice, he has a distinct look, you could easily pick him out of the crowd. He may not look intimidating, but... But he's hurt me so much. I hope I never see his face ever again." Chase teared up, clenching his fists.
"That's awful, Chase, but we may have to confront him. If it comes down to it, we may have to use you for a trial. We want to put him in jail, Chase, and you may be essential in doing so."
He looked down, tears rolling down his face, and he nodded. "Alright."

"Now, I think your father might be behind all of this chaos, so we need to probably put a case together. But we need a few more connecting pieces. Hmm... Let's start with his name." I smiled a bit, and patted his shoulder, trying to give him a bit of assurance.
"Caleb Fields." He answered.
"Oh my god." Wade yelled in realization. "Jack said something about a Caleb on one of his missions!"
"Oh yeah! Alright, so we have now confirmed this, we'll just need to talk to the police about all of this and-"

I was interrupted by a loud bang, and crackling above us. We all got out of the car, and looked up. We watched the fireworks dissipate, and then looked at one another.
"Something is going on." Chase gasped. "Let's go inside."