Chapter 18: What Will He NOT Do for Me?

[Mark's POV]

I woke up, feeling as though I was hungover. I looked around, remembering where I was. I forgot what happened, what I was doing before I was asleep. What happened?

I groaned from the pain, the pain in my neck and my head. I felt dried up blood on my forehead, and the chair was now taped to the floor. I winced from the blood that was dried up on the floor. I tried to squirm out of the chair, but it seemed as though it was impossible to escape now.

I look back at the camera screens, and attempted to locate Jack. I screamed, for I found the screen Jack was on. He was standing on a ledge of a building, his whole body trembling. I kept attempting to shake the chair, squirming from what he was about to do. Is he commuting suicide?!

"No. No. No! This can't be happening! What is he doing! He can't leave me! Jack! What are you doing?! Please don't! I love you!" I yelled in panic. I couldn't believe this was real.

What I didn't realize was that he wasn't trying to kill himself. He started to walk across the rope that connected the building he was on and the building fifty feet away from it. I cringed, and started to continuously shriek, watching Jack walk on a tightrope.

I couldn't believe he was doing this. He's afraid of heights! I started to cry, for I was both touched and afraid at the same time. That was the bravest, kindest thing anyone has done for me.

I watched in fear, as Jack reached towards the end of the rope. But he started to lose his balance. I screamed out of pure fear, for I thought that he was a dead man. But right when it looked like he was about to fall, he leaped from the rope and fell onto the roof. He did it!

I started to cheer, for Jack had survived miraculously. I couldn't believe he faced one of his worst fears, and almost DIED for me. I started to cry once again, for I had felt blessed to have someone as great as him. What WOULDN'T he do for me?