25// Spells

I awoke and the pink colored sky was the first thing my eyes came into contact with. The cold air had wrapped itself over me.

I feared that Zach was no longer besides me. I hate to be alone. I looked over, and he was there.

"You're finally awake" I heard him say as he rolled over towards me.

"You know I sleep in" I replied sleepily.

"It's alright, take the time you need to rest" He said as he ran his hands down my cold back.

"I'll be by your side"

I rolled over to see his face again. It woke me up to see how handsome he looked even in the morning.

"I'm awake now by being by your side" I said.

"Whatever" He said.

As I placed my hand on his face, the doorbell rang.

Fuck

The last thing I wanted was for it to be my parents behind that door.

I stretched out to get up from the bed only for Zach to push me down.

"I'll get it" He said kissing me on the forehead as he got up to get it.

I heard him go to the door, only for his footsteps to grow heavy and run back into the room.

"Don't answer it" He said, with a panicked face.

I started panicking seeing the look of fear in his eyes.

Richard? My parents?

"Baby, who was it?" I ask with my heart beginning to rattle.

He didn't say anything.

"Salesmen. That's all" He said.

I got up to go check.

"Nina, not now. Please. It's nothing" He begged as I left the room.

I looked through the hole on the door. It was just Jesse. I watched for a few more second, as he looked anxious and his soft face held distress.

He knocked again.

I opened it.

"Nina, thank god" He sighed.

It had been a while since I had seen his face.

"Jesse, what are you doing here this early?" I asked casually.

"I've been worried about Zach. His ass hasn't been talking to us, and I wanted to come check up on him"

"He's not here right now" I said; the lie was so weak I almost pissed my pajama pants.

"Well I saw his car outside, so obviously, you know, he is..." He said.

"Is it?"

"Nina, don't lie to me. I miss him. A lot. Can I talk to him? Please? Just let me in. I don't know what I've done to him." He said desperately.

I stepped out and closed the door.

"I thought everything between you guys was fine actually. Do you know why he might not be talking to you?" I asked.