29

"Damnit, I-" he said as his babyish lips began to quiver.

"I fucking hate it when I cry. I feel like nothing but a fucking baby."

I looked at my boy, up and down, and his eyes, as he tried not to cry as I laid down on the bed with some bandages on my chest and my arm.

"Fuck..." he said softly to himself, as he stood up, and walked to get a cigarette off his coffee table. Marlboro Gold's were stylish to him, so those were all he really smoked besides those watermelon-flavored Primetime's.

Immediately, my first instinct was to tell him to come over to me, and just lay down on my chest, so with one finger I motioned for him to come on over, and do just that.

He looked at me with his red eyes as he turned around, his hair- now longer than ever- covering his right eye.

"Baby boy, come here won't you?"

He inhaled, then came and laid down on his sofa next to me, coiled up in a fertile position, with his head in between my breasts, his hair smelling like cologne, and of a scent only he possessed. We laid like this for a minute until the silence was broken by his soft voice.

"You look fucking beat, you have to admit that," he said sniffling, "-and I hate it."

I smiled, running my acrylic nails through his long hair.

"I know I do, you don't have to remind me. I look like a fucking mess," I said, giggling almost. I imagined myself in his position, seeing myself looking like an absolute mess that nobody bothered to clean up- except for him- Zach was here where I wanted him, and this was heaven to me, and it was a feeling that I didn't feel like I would ever want to end.

I had gotten out of the hospital about four days earlier, and had refused to tell them what had happened to me, so I just made up a story that I fell while taking a hike in Calabasas. The truth was that it was somewhat hazy as to what even happened that night I got all banged up, but I knew that there was something that had gone awry, and it probably wasn't worth thinking about. Richard was gone, and that made me happy. Richard maybe was even dead, or in critical condition, and I knew that the bad part of myself wanted that. He deserved it.

At the hospital, I was also evaluated, and was lucky enough to receive outpatient treatment for a discovered depression. Prescribed Prozac, I couldn't say it made me feel any more better, nor even more content as people often said it made them feel.

Zach was all I needed.

I bent down my chin to hear his breathing onto my neck as he was still in my arms, on top of me sleeping.

"I love you babe," I whispered as I kissed his head.

"I love you too baby girl."

I then stared into the ceiling, and saw nothing but darkness. Absolute, warm darkness.

I know this chapter is short, but I'm one chapter from finishing this story. This has been fun.