13// I Never Learn// The Other Woman

Thank you for all of the people who care about my dark, private form of writing. My secret is damn safe with you guys. I really can't believe I'm almost at 3k. I love you guys, and if you want me to read anything of yours, it doesn't bother me, and I'll be happy to. Also my birthday is on the 26th of January, and if this story can get to 4k by then, I'll be very happy.

-P

   We stopped at a gas station so Zach could buy some cigarettes and fill his car up.

   He went inside as I stayed inside the car drinking a flat bottle of soda I found in his glovebox.

   Through the window, I could see at the front counter with his body leaned over the counter. He looked so dark compared to everyone; black hair, black clothing. His pale skin was the only think that stood out from his attire.

   I rolled up my sleeves quickly to look at my cuts. They were itchy, and it hurt to resist the urge, but they would heal better if I didn't pick them like a child would. I hid them back away, hoping Zach would forget about them. I hated showing my weakness.

   I looked up only to see a group of four girls swarming around him like fruitflies over a raw banana. They all looked to be the same age, maybe older, I couldn't tell. They wore ripped denim jeans, and t-shirts, and took photographs with him and it was obvious they were anxious to be near him.

Who the hell are they?

   I was mystified by them. Zach eventually turned away from them as they desperately waved goodbye to him. He came to the car and sat in. A couple of the girls recorded him and walked closer as he turned on the engine, and abandoned them.

   "Who were those girls?" I asked, trying to hide the fact that I was only slightly burning with jealousy.

   "Just some fans" He said calmly. "Don't be so blue, I only just met them" He said. I pushed it aside, and let my mind cool and told myself just to relax. I was fine; I was next to him.

   "I like you" He said. "I don't usually like people, but when I first saw you fall onto the pavement with your long black hair and runny mascara, I thought you were pretty and magnetic" He said blushing.

   His words were kind, but I doubted I was as graceful as his words sounded. It was nothing but fucking embarassing.

   "I like you too" I said.

   I reached for the mirror, and opened it as I applied some clear, lip gloss with rainbow glitter in it. It was the kind that you could probably find at an American Apparel or some provocative retailer.

   The sun grew fainter and darker.

   I could feel Zach trying to hide the fact that he was staring at me from behind his sunglasses, but it became clear once we nearly swerved into the curb and my head bumped into the glass.

   "I'm not a good driver" He said as I laughed at the fact that we almost got into a crash. I wouldn't mind dying from a car crash besides him as he would hold my dead body. It would be like a scene from a Lana Del Rey video.

   "No shit" I said as I rummaged through the bag from the gas station to get the cigarettes.

   "Light me one" Zach said as his brows were stern and he was focused on driving down the road. He looked handsome driving. Like a strong man that you were afraid of, but couldn't resist.

$$$

   He pulled up to the house. I still wasn't sure who's house it was to begin with, but it was still large and spacious as last time. The sun was setting and the dull, cold air made the palm trees sway romantically. I wasn't romantic.