17// Baby Blue

I woke up, undressed, and my skin moist, and my hair in waves.

Zach is next to me.

The memories came crawling back to me. Me and Zach made love. It felt that way. The electricity made my hair weep sparks out of each end.

I loved Zach's smell.

The smell of his sweat and cologne on me. I wanted to leave it, and never let it fade off of my skin. It felt too important to let die.

It had been years since I had undressed and did the thing with someone... and liked it. It was more. I loved it, and nurtured it like a nasty dark orchid.

Richard.

Even his name had lost what was left of its meaning. His skin with its pinkish tone, his dirty mind, and his hairy legs.

Sick.

I tried not to think of him. I would try harder to forget. Dear god I wanted my memory of him to die.

He was like that sick, ugly child at the back of the class that you tried once to like, but they let you down, and didn't care.

Zach was my new treasure.

I had let my face get pale, and my palms get wet. I had seen his body beneath his clothes. Had layed besides him in his bed. Smelled him. Caressed him. Treasured him.

I turned to look at him.

His eyes closed, his black hair falling over his white, white face.

His lips left stains of blood on the white pillow, and hair from his armpit torn off and laid to rest over the matress.

I pulled my dress back on, and got up.

I stood over the edge of Zach's bed, looking down at him. I hated myself. He probably didn't belong with me. He was too angellic.

You're fine.

I forgot it.

There was a bathroom in the bedroom. I had to urinate.

I washed my hands. I let the water run through each finger, until it burned. My hands burned.

Each finger tip would turn into cold stone. I hated it. I was like Medusa.

"You do sex well" Zach said. Zach's eyes like stars piercing me in mine.

"Well I don't do it that often, but thanks" I said as I slipped back besides him.

His head turned to me. His pale shoulders and tan arms.

His vigin-white face; his dry, blistering, aching lips; his black hair. It all hurt.

"I couldn't tell"

"Good"

He leaned closer to me.

"You can't tell Jesse"

Telling Jesse me and Zach had made love was the last thing on my mind.

"I wouldn't have done that anyways"

"I mean tell him about us" He said. His lips almost touching my ear. The microscopic hairs standing up. I could hear the saliva in his mouth.

"Why?"

"I have my reasons"

His cold hand reached into my slip, and touched my breast, making my nipple stand up.

"I like the way you smell" He said.

I'd always felt like I smelled of grenadine and valium. Maybe he liked that. He smiled as he rubbed himself into the pillow, and into the bed.