10// Meaningless Kisses

I tried to stop, but it was hard. I was crying over nothing, but for some reason, all the pain and anger and hatred came out. They were just cuts, and it was nothing, but at this moment, it felt like I had been shot in the chest.

   The last of the tears came out after what had felt like an eternity.

   Then I felt an arm wrap around my shoulder, then my face was turned, and my lips connected with Zach's.

   The pain faded as I opened my eyes, and saw myself in the dark reflection of his sunglasses. It felt forced at first as I constantly turned my open eyes to look if anyone was around, then finally I closed my eyes.

   It hit me that I was really kissing him, and I was saved. His lips were rough, but soft and comforting at the same time.

   I let my chapped lips gnaw on his bottom lips. His saliva tasted like a cherry Tootsie-Pop.

   I never felt closer to him than this.

   My sadness was dead, and now I felt only desire for him. I let my hand touch his face. His face felt soft too. His puffy cheeks were soft like velvet. His sharp jawline rubbed against my palm. I squeezed his face so I could kiss him harder. I wanted to make his lips warm and swollen.

   I could hear him trying to say something. The tone sounded positive, but I didn't care either way.

   I got up from the seat, and leaned my entire body over him like a panther and continued.

   I felt his hands wrap around my back, and could hear the angellic sound of his soft breathing. I went in for his pale neck after, and he did the same.

   Feeling his hands stroke my back was heavenly, and smelling his sweet cologne was better. There was nowhere else I would've rather been now.

   The light got darker, but I loved that. Zach's eyebrows were stern from concentration.

   I had never really made out with anyone before, but I knew I was doing this craft correctly.

   I reached for the window button to let the cool air in.

   I prayed Zach liked the smell of my rose perfume.

   "I'm tired" Zach smiled as he sounded out of breath. His voice shook, and his face was warm, but he wore his usual mysterious, closed smile which let me know I made no mistakes.

   "You smell like roses" He said as he pulled out a lighter from his pocket in his leather jacket. I ignored as I stared at him in the blue light. Knowing I had made out with his stunning face made me feel at home.

$$$

   Eventually, me and shyed away, and then we were left to awkwardly sit there and smoke together as Zach still softly sat in his seat, out of breath.

   It was now darker outside, but when I looked farther out past the hills, I could see the soft light from Los Angeles radiating. It looked beautiful.

   As I admired it, I felt something cold  in my hand which was a small bottle of strong alcohol.

   "Here" Zach said as he looked happy with himself for once. There was no cup anywhere, so I figured he would just let me drink it straight from the source. I probably needed alcohol. I had embarassed myself from all of that sobbing that came out of nowhere; this would make me forget.