28

Hey everyone. I really don't have much to say for myself, other than I haven't touched this story in months. I've been meaning to, but I feel like I was so young and weird to have planned the plot the way that I did. Sorry for making you all wait so long, not that anyone really cares that much. This story is so weird, and strange, but I'm trying to finish it, and it will be done soon. It's the first thing I've ever published on this website, and it definitely doesn't feel like it will be the last. I've written so many chapters to other stories I haven't published yet. (I wrote these two really weird stories; one about Matty Healy, and one about George Daniel and Matty Healy together. I don't know why. I got bored I guess.) I'll definitely keep writing, and I feel that I've definitely gotten so much better. I'm also about to turn seventeen in a couple weeks, and today I've had my first job interview. Things aren't as painful as they used to be.

I plopped onto the grass as if nothing had even happened. I felt the eyeballs in my skull- heavy as if they had become two glass spheres instead. I laid there, unresponsive and tired. I felt like a dead person, and began to let my consciousness slip out of me, which only proved unsuccessful when I saw the blades of grass become matted by the weight of two feet.

I felt a pair of delicate little arms wrap themselves around me and take me inside to plop me onto the sofa. I didn't bother opening my eyes until I was sure I knew who I was alone with, and who else did I really expect? Those arms I loved, they belonged to Zach. I didn't need to see him to know it.

"Fucking Christ," I heard him say without the words fully developing into words. I opened my eyes to see his own eyes just looking down at me.

"Nina," I heard him say, in the manner that he did before. I felt fine until I saw those eyes of his begin to look glossy, and saddened. I didn't know what he had to feel sad about, until I remembered that I must have looked like a bruised mess. I didn't want him to cry over me. I was fine after all. I wasn't dead.

The tears in his eyes suddenly then turned to anger, and he bit his lip. 

"Nina, what the fuck happe-"

I placed my finger over his lip, silencing that mouth of his- that mouth of his that looked so beautiful right now. I didn't want him to be angry this early in the morning. I had my problem taken care of. 

"Kiss me," was all I said, speaking so he didn't have to say anything more. He looked at me, intently, and with a confused look in his eye. 

"I love you Zachary Shane Abels," I said. "Now kiss me."

His eyes almost instantly were void of the anger. He closed them, then leaned in over me, placing a soft kiss over my lips. They were sore, but I didn't care. I ran my fingers through his hair, which I had now noticed was longer than ever. 

"I love you too baby," he said. "But really babe, I should take you to the hospital now." 

Before he got too far away from the sofa, I grabbed his wrist. 

"You don't need to do that Zach," I said unsure, not completely convinced myself either. Sure, a hospital would have been the smart decision, but the last thing I wanted was to be asked about whatever had happened. It suddenly all felt like a blur to me. 

What had happened?

The question was suddenly stuck in my head. 

I felt number than ever now, but yet, being with Zach felt like all that I wanted and needed. He was better than any hospital considering all my ugly scratches and bruises. 

"Why the hell shouldn't I?" 

"Because, they'll ask me about what happened," I said quietly with no emotion. Zach looked alarmed once again as I said those words. 

"What the fuck did happen?" he asked, his voice growing weak and shaky again. Fuck. The last thing I wanted was to see my baby cry, so despite how lightly it hurt, I smiled softly at him. 

"That's the thing babe," I said. "I just can't remember what exactly happened."