4// The Date

Alone in my cold apartment, I continued to wait anxiously. I would pick at my black, chipped nails, fight the urge to peel the skin off my artificially colored lips, or make moaning noises to express to nobody that I was bored, and anxiously waiting for Zach, the cutie I met only days ago.

   I sat on the sofa, and decided to soothe myself, and at the same time, to soothe my boredom. I turned on the television to see if their was shit on TV.

   It was now 5:38 pm, and the minutes that went by felt much longer. I've learned that when you are suffering, in pain, or anxious, the time seems to lull by slower than usual; it's true.

   Once a few more minutes lulled by, paying no attention to the TV, I let my arms run to my lips to satisfy my sanguine taste buds. It was almost like a weird bloodlust I had. I figured I would just rub the lipstick back into place again later before Zach came to get me.

   Some more minutes went by, and I almost felt like I should text Zach to see if he was still coming by, but I wanted to pretentiously come off as laid back, even though that was a pile of bullshit for the most part. I'm usually a mess, and feel like a caged animal usually.

   I wondered if Zach cared as much as I did, and then I began thinking about everything more than I should have, which is what I do often. Just thinking about him made me feel like I cared too much; and I probably did.

   Despite the sleep I had actually given myself last night, I still felt tired, and I came to the conclusion that there really was no escaping that for now. It was like an annoying little demon that liked my soul.

   My eyelids got comfortably heavy out of nowhere, and then I could feel my neck lean back, and then I didn't even try to stop myself from napping, stupidly.

$$$

   I opened my eyes, and the room was cloaked in deep blue. The sun must have started setting, but the bigger question was where the hell was Zach? Or what if he had came, and I was too busy sleeping like a bitch after birth? Shit.

   (My hair probably got fringed, and my lipstick probably smeared.)

   I panicked as I reached into my purse, touching for my phone.

  I turned it on, and went to my text messages. There were none, and if he had came over, he would have at least texted me, or tried to call, I hope. Shit, what if he rang the doorbell, and I was too busy sleeping to here? I'm such a dumbass. But, if the doorbell rang, I would have most likely heard it.

   I immediately got up, then my vision got dark, and I got dizzy. I almost fell, but then it came back.

   I had to pee. I walked to the bathroom, and looked at myself; at least my makeup was still in place and where it was supposed to be. I went pee, then washed my hands, and as I was walking out, I heard my phone alert.

   "I'm here" Was all the text message from Zach said. Shit, shit, shit. Great, I felt confident until now; I felt as appealing as a slug in a heartbeat.

   This was the second date I've been on. Was it even a date? I just asked to see him? Maybe he was used to girls asking him this? I was never sure of these things when it came to boys. They were like a weird species that are sometimes hard to study.

   I tried not to rush to the door, and decided to wait a couple minutes before walking out to the driveway in front of the section of apartments, I didn't want to feel vulnerable and immediately unraveled like an onion.

   I played it cool, and grabbed my Marlboro pack and pulled out a cigarette. I pulled out the silver lighter from my purse and lit it as I began walking outside on the sidewalk besides the lush, green blades of grass, and small hedges that protected the neighbours privacy and mine. Then I saw him in his car, sitting there in the drivers seat, looking down in his convertible.