Chapter 17: My Step-Brother Is ..

*AFTERSCHOOL*

At the moment I'm waiting for my dad to pick me up outside of the school. My phone made a beeping noise.

From: Papa Bear

Heading there now.

I sighed.

To: Papa Bear

Okay..

I got no response after that. I looked at my surroundings and I saw Zach talking to Brianna. I scoffed.

I knew he would talk to her. Pretty obvious. Maybe he's a fuckboy. I wonder..

I slightly chuckled at the sight I was seeing. Zach was talking to Brianna and Brianna was batting her eye lashes. A few minutes later I saw my dads car arrive in the parking lot. I picked up my skateboard and walked towards the car.

I opened the front door and sat on the seat.

"How's your day, kiddo?" My dad asked, as I put down my things.

"It's better than yesterday." I slightly smiled.

He nodded as we drove home.

I thought we were going to the doctors?..

"I thought we were going to the doctors dad.." I said.

"That was a lie.. Well your mother wants us to meet Jack's family. You now have a step-brother.." My dad said, awkwardly.

"Oh." I frowned.

"It's hard for me too, but we'll get through this together." He replied, concerned.

I nodded, as we got out of the car.

"Do I have to wear fancy clothes?.." I asked my dad, uncomfortable.

"Yes.." My dad replied.

I slightly frowned and ran to my room. I put down my things as I looked in my closet.

What to wear..

Maybe I'll wear a dress? Maybe I'll wear jeans with a flannel? Maybe I'll wear a skirt? I have no idea. Hmm..

Ooh! This one.
And this one.
And this one.
And this one.
And this one!

I am set. I put on the clothes and looked at myself in the mirror. I didn't look bad, or too good. I looked average. It was a black skirt, a white crop-top, a light red flannel with black and white converse. The crop-top didn't show all of my stomach, just a tiny bit.

I curled my hair, not too big curls. I put on mascara, lipstick, and eyeliner. Not too much makeup because I felt uncomfortable enough.

I was wearing the flannel to cover the cuts. If the cuts bled and soaked through the flannel, no one would notice because the flannels red.

Once I finished, I put on my converse and walked downstairs. I saw my dad wearing a striped blue and white shirt, with black pants. The pants weren't saggy, they were silky pants.

My dad looked at me and smiled.

"You ready?" My dad asked.

I nodded, as I got my phone and put it in my flannel pocket. We exited the house and went in the car.

"You nervous kiddo?" My dad asked.

"Yeah. You?" I replied, lightly tapping on the window.

"Very." My dad answered, looking forward.

*************************************************

*IN THE RESTAURANT*

We walked into the restaurant, I looked at my surroundings. This really was a fancy restaurant. Walls were peach, a chandelier hanging in the middle of the restaurant.

"We're here with Martinaz table." My dad told the lady.

She nodded and pointed to a table where I saw a man, a boy my age, and my mother. Or my "mother". My dad walked towards their table as I got a better view of the boy.

It was Zach.

"Noelle?" Zach said.

"Zach?" I replied.

"Why are you here?" We both said at the same time.

We both looked at Jack and Marissa.

"That's my mom." I said, pointing at Marissa.

"That's my dad." He replied, pointing at Jack.

"You guys know each other?" Jack asked.

"Apparently.." I replied.

"Well you guys are step-sister and step-brother!" Marissa said happily.

I groaned while Zach laughed. I had to sit next to Zach, according to my "step-dad". Weirdly, Zach and I had a lot in common. Other than sports. I only skate and he does soccer.

The parents all talked about crap that I hate. Zach and I kept on laughing because we kept talking about weird things. It's weird having a step-brother, that's Zach.

Well I guess he's my step-brother.

*************************************************