Chapter 15: Matt's Address

~~~~CHAPTER 15~~~~

Matt's Address~~~~

"So what'd Jessie have to say for herself?" Brian asked as we sat downtown in the local café that everyone went to; we saw heaps of people from school here often.

Jimmy gave a shrug as he continued texting away.

"She wann'ed to talk to us on Monday; she's got too much planned this weekend to bother comin' to talk to us," he said in reply. "I mean, what's a girl like her do on the weekends that's too important than hanging out with your future boyfriend and his gang?"

"C'mon Jimmy, lay off a bit would 'cha?" Matt said, Jimmy not even glancing up. "Leave Zacky alone for once."

"Why would I do that? He's fun to mess with and we're friends; we fuck around all the time."

I just shook my head and remained quiet.

"So what're we gonna do if she can't help us?" Johnny asked.

Matt gave a shrug, mindlessly pushing his phone around the table as he thought.

"I dunno; probably all die a horrible death," he said. He looked around at us all. "C'mon guys, lighten up; I was kidding."

"Didn't sound like it," I said not-so-helpfully.

Matt switched his gaze to me.

"Think he's still tied to you?"

I gave a shrug. "If I'm lucky."

Jimmy scoffed and looked up from his phone finally; placing it on the table face down and crossing his arms as he leant back in his chair.

"Look, we'll deal with this," he said.

"You're the one that got us into this mess in the first place Jimmy," I snapped, making him lazily switch his gaze to me. "If you hadn't pushed us to go to that damn house, none of this would've happened."

"You're such a complainer," he said, rolling his eyes. "Lighten up and make the most of it; if it tries to kill you, fight back; you gotta show this prick you're not scared of him."

One of the lights above us in the café suddenly flickered, getting all of our attentions. It stopped flickering and went back to normal, all of us looking back to each other.

"That why it hasn't jumped ship to you yet? You're not freaked and the only one who's standing up to him?" Brian asked, not believing the bullshit Jimmy was saying.

Jimmy gave a shrug.

"Believe whatcha will Brian."

Brian just shook his head. We all fell silent for a bit before Matt sighed.

"Alright, well I'm bored," he said, getting up out of his chair. "Let's go fuck around with some stuff for a while so we can think this through."

We all gave a nod and got up, following him outside and down the sidewalk.

########

"Alright, so after doing all this research online and whatever else I've found," Matt said as Brian played around with a few chords on his guitar and I sat there, just watching; I saw his phone light up again, once again receiving a message from Michelle; he hadn't talked to her in a while which was why I was wondering why they were suddenly talking again. "The main theories I keep comin' across are the salt and iron thing."

"How's that work anyway?" Brian asked as he kept his focus on what he was doing and Jimmy continued to text away.

Matt gave a shrug.