Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen 

When I arrived home, I was so bummed out by my thoughts that I decided to read a book before studying. Two hours into my escape land and my phone kept ringing. It was Katy obviously. She had snap chatted me multiple silly faces and apologized for not giving me a ride home. The last snap I opened was of her - screaming, actual screaming - while displaying a stack of papers firmly gripped in her hands. Normally with snapchat's time limitation one would not have understood what those papers represent, but I do. And I'm ecstatic. I called her right away and was greeted with some more screaming and I'm unsure if some were my own screams mixed in as well. After all the screams, she said that she's coming over and sleeping over. This was really good news. The best kinds always required an impromptu sleepover.

"So," Katy explained, "when I got home, my mom was waiting and she seemed so excited that I knew right away. I knew that I got in. She told me that he agency had called her a few minutes before with the good news and asked for us to stop by to finalize all the legal documents."

"Holly hell. It's finalized?" I asked, uncontainable excitement oozing out of me.

She nodded repeatedly.

"I can't fucking believe it my best friend is going to be a fucking model," I said, as I hugged her fiercly. This was her dream come true like mine is to become a published author. I hope I'll get to hold my final manuscript sometime soon. I can't even imagine the amount of joy she's experiencing and how accomplished she must feel right now.

I hugged her for a beat too long and thought it would be funny to say what I was really thinking, "I don't want to jump the gun or anything but I cannot wait for the day you become a Victoria secret model. You better remember me when you meet your girl crush Gigi."

Unfortunately the response I got from her was the total opposite of what I had expected. I felt her body tremor in my arms. At first I thought it was laughter erupting. I was wrong. She started crying. I held on to her tighter before letting go and grabbing the box of tissues from my bed stand.

"Are you okay?" I asked her hesitantly, unsure of what to say.

"Yeah," she sniffled, "it's just that I thought for a moment that I wasn't going to get this contract."

"That's insane," I was incredulous. "You're fucking gorgeous. You're incredibly talented. You're the person with the most symmetrical face I've ever seen. And you've never been refused before by agencies."

"It's a bigger company. And it was really different this time," she said.

Rare were the moments I've seen her cry but this was supposed to be happy tears yet she seemed so unsatisfied all of sudden. And worst of all she seemed vulnerable. Theres nothing wrong with vulnerability. But I know that she hates feeling that way. Hell, everyone hates being vulnerable even if it was makes us human.

"How so?" I questioned.

"I don't know. It's just the feeling I had - the impression I had. The agents are much more intense than the one's I've interacted with before," she trailed off. "Anyways, I'm just happy I got in," she concluded with a smile. And just like that, she made all of her worries disappear.