Waking Up

"I just had a bad dream, Sans. It's nothing to worry about," you say, trying to avoid the inevitable. You really didn't want to talk about it, but you also didn't want to sound rude either. You couldn't just tell him you didn't want to talk, because that wasn't like you. You mentally cursed your inability to say no to someone in situations like this.

"It wasn't just a dream, (y/n). You can tell me what's wrong," Sans said. Welp, you tried.

"I...okay. Well, I was at our wedding, walking down the aisle, everyone smiling at me. We almost kissed when I felt the atmosphere flip on its head," you started. Sans's expression was worrying, but he motioned for you to continue. "I heard crying, then I heard you speaking about me. You talked about how great I was, how much I made you happy, and how you made a promise to me that if I died, I would be buried in Waterfall, which was where we all were. I heard you start to cry then you ran off. I couldn't move or speak or anything. Then woke up," you said. Sans stared at you for a moment, presumably processing the story in his head before pulling you close. He hugged you tightly and started to hum a slow and calming tune that you always loved to hear. You found yourself starting to cry again and hugged him back, sobbing into the soft fur of his hood.

A small pink ghost floated in to see what was happening, behind them was Papyrus in his red onesie and cap.

"Sans? (Y/n)? What's going...on..." Papyrus started, only to see the scene in front of him. It seemed like he remembered something. The ghost floated to Papyrus and motioned to him to leave you be.

You stayed like this for what felt like forever, but once your sobs softened and started to fade, Sans started to whisper things in your ear to help calm you down.

After another minute or so, you separated and sat on the bed in silence. Sans spoke up first.

"You know I'd sooner risk my own life before I'd let anyone hurt you, right?"

"Y-yea..." You respond.

"Then don't worry about it. As long as I'm here, I won't let anything hurt you, even if it means putting my life on the line," Sans said, planting a soft kiss on your cheek. "Now let's get some breakfast, okay?"

You nod, smiling a little. You felt much better now, and quite hungry.

You got downstairs into the kitchen to see the pink ghost and Papyrus already cooking eggs, toast, bacon, and coffee. You looked at the ghost as she waved at you with her tiny stubby arm. Her hair covered her right eye, which reminded you of how Mettaton wears her hair.

"Who is this?" You ask, referring to the ghost. She laughed.

"Ahoho! Darling, it's me! Mettaton! I'm just...not in my suit. Papyrus forgot to plug the charger in last night so my suit died on me," she said. She turned to Papyrus and glared at him.

"I already said I'm sorry, Metta! Stop staring at me!" Papyrus said, grabbing the toast from the toaster. You grinned at the couple's bickering. It was cute.

"You guys are cute, y'know," you say. Mettaton looked at you, a soft smile on her translucent face.

After a few minutes of chatting with Mettaton and a small pun war with Sans, breakfast was ready and you all ate, except Mettaton, who just floated over her chair.