Plans and Shopping (Part One)

You started to head back home after a couple hours. On the way, you mostly talked and walked fairly slowly. You even stopped in Waterfall to listen to the words that were spoken about you. It was sad, what they had said, but it made you feel happy knowing how much people had cared.

You listened to one echo flower, which said "I do" with the voice of Sans. You froze.

"S-sans?"

"Yea?"

"D-did you...tell my corpse "I do"?" You asked.

"Uh...is that a bad thing?" He asked.

"Just answer the question ya dingus!" You said.

"Maybe..." He said, dragging the 'a' for an extra second or so.

You smiled.

"I do too, Sansy, but we still have about a month, right?" You asked. He nodded, a light blush on his skull.

"Yep! A month!" He said, listening to his speech.

"Man I sure did miss you when you died. Especially as it was the night of the proposal, I...I was devastated when I found you. I could only think of all the ways I could've prevented this. Going to get the coat myself or checking on you more frequently. Now you're stuck like this because of me!" He said.

"Hey, I was the one stupid enough to try get the darn coat! If I hadn't have left it in the first place, though, I'd still be human. It's my fault I died, but it's in the past, Sans," you said, trying to comfort him.

"It's both our faults. Let's just go home," he said. You took his hand.

"I forgive you anyways, my little bone boy," you said, pecking his cheek. He flushed a dimly glowing blue as you laughed.

Once you got home, you found Mettaton and Papyrus at the listen table, papers and notepads littered it.

"What are you doing?" You asked.

"Planning the weddings, darling," Mettaton said, phone in hand on the Internet, looking up what you assumed was either florists or bakers.

"Oh shoot! I need to call my friend! I don't think she knows I'm even engaged! I'll be back!" You said, running up to Sans's room. You picked up your phone and called your best friend, (f/n).

"Hello?" Her voice rang in your ear.

"Hey, (f/n)!" You said.

"Hey! Long time, no chat girl! How have you and that boyfriend of yours been, huh?" She asked.

"Oh, you know, we've been great! We've have these engaging conversations lately, hint hint," you said.

"Oh my god! He proposed!?" She asked.

"Heck yea! And Papyrus proposed to Mettaton at the same time! A double proposal! I didn't know those two had that in store for a fifth anniversary!" You said. You hadn't talked to her in forever and there was much catching up to do.

"That is so romantic!" She squealed.

"I know!" You replied, just as enthusiastic. You squeaked a little at the end.

"So, who's your maid of honor, or do you have one?" She asked.

"Oh, I was hoping you could be my maid of honor, unless you have plans a month from now?" You asked.

"Oh my god, girl! Are you kidding! Of course I'll be the maid of honor! I'm your best friend!" She said.

"Great! It's on the 24th and it's a double wedding. Mine and Sans and Papyrus and Mettaton. I hope you can make it," you said.

"Oh, my ride's here! Gotta go! Bye!" She said, hanging up before you could tell her anything else.

"Welp, she'll be oh so pleasantly surprised that I'm dead-alive," you said, sarcasm filling your voice.

"(Y/n) darling!" Mettaton said from the doorway.

"Yes, Metta?"

"I wanted to ask you if you would like to go shopping with me," she asked.

"Sounds nice," you said.

"Well, it's not really shopping. It's more going to my tailor to get our dresses started up. It takes him a week to get the dresses done and I want them to be perfect!" She said. You smiled.

"That's very nice of you, but we don't have to have me get my dress made," you said.

"Darling, this is the single most important moment of your life! We want it to be perfect!" She said, putting her hands on your shoulders and looking you dead in the eye sockets.

"Okay then," you said, shrugging. You were a fairly neutral person on many topics, openly accepting of many things. This was one of those things.

"Great! Let's go!" Mettaton said, grabbing your arm and dragging you out the door. You were afraid it would break off at any moment, but it didn't. Gaster watched as you two bolted down the stairs.

"We're going shopping, Papy!" Mettaton said, opening the front door.

"What?" Papyrus said, only to find that Mettaton shut the door and had you already out in Snowdin.