Familiarity

(Sans POV)

The ceremony was done and it was just me, Papyrus, and Mettaton remaining along with Asgore. Me and Paps were at the grave where she was buried.

"Brother, it's getting late. We should go home," Papyrus said, putting a hand on my shoulder. I nodded before saying one last goodbye to her.

As we were walking to the car, I felt a small tug on my suit tail.

"P-Paps. I know you said you'd help me through this, but I don't think tugging on my suit so familiarly is helping much," I said, looking at Papyrus. His hands were at his sides.

"That's not me, Sans," he said. I figured it was Mettaton behind me, so I turned around to tell her off.

What I saw was surprising. Instead of seeing the robotic female, I saw a skeletal girl. She wore a black t-shirt and blue jeans, her black Converses showing under the boot cut pants. Her hair fell to her shoulders as she gave me one of the warmest smiles I've ever seen. I only knew one person with a smile so bright.

I looked at the hand that was tugging on my suit. A lone diamond ring lay on one finger. I felt the tears coming.

"(Y-y/n)?" I asked.

"Who else would I be, bone boy?" She said, a soft chuckle emanating from her. I smiled so wide I thought my skull would burst.

"(Y/N)!!" I yelled, grabbing her tightly. She laughed like she hadn't laughed in years.

"I missed you so much!" I continued. Papyrus turned around after hearing my scream.

"Sans, who is that? Why are you hugging her?" He asked. I reached over to him, one arm still around (y/n).

He was hesitant.

"She...she's (y/n)!" I said, still offering him my hand. He looked at her again as she smiled.

"C'mere Papy!" She said. Papyrus started tearing up and ran over to us. We sat there hugging for ages.

"Sans, Papyrus? I think Mettaton is waiting for you," Asgore said. He saw the three of us hugging. Confused, he walked over to our group. As soon as he saw (y/n), he smiled wide.