A Chance? (Part 1)

The events of this chapter happened BEFORE Sans found you in Waterfall! After the fight.

(Your POV)

You felt yourself collapse onto the wet ground of Waterfall, the Temmie furiously apologizing. They tried so hard to help you. You knew that you wouldn't last long. A (f/c) heart drifted in front of your face.

Your soul.

It shattered into dozens of pieces right before your eyes, then everything went black.

You opened your eyes to find yourself surrounded by darkness. It looked like you were alone, but you didn't feel alone. You felt as if someone were there with you.

A soft purple glow lit up behind you. You turned around to see two small purple lights floating just slightly higher than your full height. You heard a small snapping noise as the pitch blackness vanished. The world around you seemed so empty. It was almost sad to see. You looked back to where the purple glow had been, only to see that, in their place, stood a figure. They had on a light grey turtle-neck sweater, black pants, and a black jacket. It looked like a skeleton with two vertical cracks in the skull. Their hands had holes inside them.

"Hello, (y/n)," they said with a voice that wavered in light static. It sounded masculine enough to assume it was a male.

"H-how do you know my name? Where am I? Who are you?" You asked. The man sighed.

"I suppose Sans never did tell you about me, did he? Well, I am W.D. Gaster, previous Royal scientist and what would be your father-in-law," he said. You blinked. Father-in-law? That could only mean...

"Y-you're Sans's and Papyrus's dad?" You asked. He nodded.

"Yes," he said. You looked around once more.

"So, where am I?" You asked.

"You're in the void, (y/n). I managed to save your from disappearing," he said. You gasped.

"I-I'm dead!?" You said. He nodded sadly.

"W-well, is there a way to, oh I don't know, bring me back?" You asked. He sighed.

"Well, I am right close to finding a way out, and I could try to do it for you. Though, it comes with a price, specifically for humans," Gaster told you. You were rather curious.

"What is it?" You asked.

"You won't return as a human. You'll become a monster. However, I'm sure with the amount of determination you have in your soul, you could perhaps chose the species. I have a little more work to do before I can do it, though. If this works, I could come back, too," he said.

"I don't care how long it takes or what kind of monster I become! I just wanna see Sans again!" You said. Gaster nodded.

"I'll try and finish it up now so we can get out of here," he said, smiling.

"Thank you! Thank you so much!" You said, hugging Gaster tightly.