A Change in Perspective

You opened your eyes to see yourself in a menu screen of sorts. There were so many options to chose from.

"This must be where I chose my new species," you said to yourself, looking at a few that caught your eye. They were ordered alphabetically and had a sample picture with each.

You found yourself looking for the "S" section. You found a few others you would in mind, like ghost or fire elemental, even mermaid was an option!

You had them come face to face with the one you had seemed to look for. Skeleton.

"Skeletons are good in magic, right? And it's not too far from human," you said to yourself, looking at the sample picture. It showed two pictures, like most other choices.

You felt the world start to shake. If you were going to make a decision, it had to be quick. You pressed the skeleton option, then female.

Everything was black. You couldn't move. You could hear Sans.

"My only wish at this point w-would be to be able to hold her in my arms o-one more time. T-to tell her I love her again. To..to...." He started to cry and you heard someone walk him somewhere. You felt the tears, but you couldn't make a sound. You wanted to call to Sans and tell him you were alright, but you couldn't. You were merely a bystander at your own funeral.

You remembered you had magic and tried to use it, but then you heard a faint voice in your head. It told you that it would be a few moments before you could move. You would've grunted, but you couldn't make a sound.

"Brother? It's getting late. We should go home," you heard Papyrus say. You tried to move again, and you managed to lift your arm. You didn't have time to examine your new body, you just had to figure out how to use your magic to get out of where ever you were.

You felt your eye glow (f/c) and saw your (dominant hand) glow the same hue. You focused on where to go, but you ended up a meter or so away from it. You were a little ways behind the brothers.

You reached out and tugged on Sans's suit tail. He looked at Papyrus.

"P-Paps. I know you said you'd help me through this, but I don't think tugging on my suit so familiarly is helping much," Sans said.

"That's not me Sans," Papyrus replied.

Sans sighed and turned around. He looked a little irritated until he saw you. His face showed a wide array of emotions. You have him a warm smile.

He looked down to the hand you pulled his suit with and you saw light blue tears start to form in his sockets.

"(Y-y/n)?" He asked. Papyrus was still walking towards the car.

"Who else would I be, bone boy?" You said, nearly crying yourself. You kept the smile on your face.

"(Y/N)!" Sans yelled, grabbing you. He cried into you as Papyrus turned around.

"I missed you so much!" Sans said.

"Sans, who is that? Why are you hugging her?"

"She...she's (y/n)!" Sans continued. He still had one arm around you. Papyrus looked at you and you gave him a smile.

"Come here, Papy," you said. He started to cry orange tears and he ran over. He joined you and Sans in your hugging.