Chapter 3- Grey Warden

The huge dragon is flying around, and after a few seconds he sits on a rock. His skin is black and purple, scales covering his body. He suddenly roars and spits violet colored fire. I scream as hard as I can and get up, hitting my head on something.

"Ow," the person says. It is the same woman that told me where to find Alistair. "She will be okay, but she needs a little bit of rest." My head is pounding like my freaking heart and I feel like I drank too much ale last night. The woman gets up and leaves Duncan, Alistair and me in the tent. I get up from the bed and I look into Duncan's eyes.

"How... how could you?" I ask him. "You could've let him go!"

"Believe me, Dawn, I didn't have a choice."

"Don't give me that bullshit! You always have a choice. I hope that you can cope with it, 'cause by killing Ser Jory , somewhere in the world there is a fatherless child." I tell him as calmly as I can.

"Don't talk to him like that." Alistair says, getting up from his chair.

"Shut up!" I shout and turn at him. "My problem is not with you, Alistair, and I don't want to scream at you!" I turn my back at them and run my hands through my brown hair. "Please, leave me alone." I can hear some steps and I feel how Duncan's look burns my neck. They open the door from the tent and close it. I collapse on the floor and start to cry.

Stop it, Dawn! You are strong! You are not a cry baby. Get up and show them what a Cousland can do.

I slowly get up off the floor and look around me. In a corner there are two bows and two pairs of daggers and on the bet there is a light armor, in white and blue, with the sign of the Grey Warden on the chest plate. I guess this is my armor, since Alistair and Duncan have almost the same one, but Alistair's is a heavy one, and Duncan's is a Commander one, I think. I dress in the armor and take a look at the bows. I take the one from the Wardens and I pull the string. Maker, this one is a really crappy bow and the daggers are not sharp enough. I take my pouch and hang my daggers on my hips, after that putting my bow on my back. I want to keep them. I glance at the wooden table, where a small bottle with a red liquid is resting.

Interested in it, I take it in my hands and look at it. It's an amulet, with a note near it.

"This is some of the blood of the darkspawn that you have slayed to become a Grey Warden. Wear it proudly.

A."

Lifting it up to take a better look at it, I notice that the words "Warden's Oath" are written on it. Sighing, I put it around my neck and I open the door raising my arm, to protect my eyes from the shining sun.

"Are you okay?" Alistair asks. I gasp and quickly turn around.

"If you ask if I am still mad, yes I am. But if you ask if I'm okay... I guess so." I tell him, trying to braid my hair.

"Here, let me do it," he takes my hair and starts to braid it. "I think I am mad at him too, but just a little bit. I was afraid he was going to kill you too."

I chuckle. "Believe me, he couldn't have. I am not that easily killed."

Alistair sights and ties my hair. "You can't be sure. Ser Jory worked for Arl Eamon ten years and he still got killed."

I decide to remain quiet and look at my braid. "You are really good at this."

"Thank you, my lady." He says and bows his head. I laugh and look around me. "Where is Baby?" I ask panicking.