Chapter 3- Eluvian

Chapter 3- Eluvian

Rolling to my right, I want to reach for my bow to attack it from a distance, but then I remember that I left it at home. I only have a sword and a shield. Oh, Maker, why did I do this? Letting out a cry, I run towards the thing, moving my sword like crazy. When the iron touches the creature, it makes a horrific sound, iron hitting rock. "Use fire!" I shout at Fin.

He does as I say, and the effects are beautiful. It slows down and seriously damages the creature, making it scream. Ariane and I rush to it, attacking the thing with all the power that we have, while Fin casts auras on us, and uses more fire damage.

I am still a rogue, so I am capable of climbing onto the creatures and slamming my sword over and over again on its head, making the both of us fall on the ground. I groan in pain as Baby rushes towards me and starts licking my face. "Is it dead?" I mumble.

Ariane nods. "It is."

"I feel the mirror," Fin tells us.

"Lead the way, then," I say, still on the ground. Ariane helps me get back up and we run after Fin, trying to catch up with him. He leads us into the Mother's lair. I frown again, looking around. I never really explored this place after we had defeated the Mother. All I wanted was to see if everyone was safe and get home.

With tears blinding my vision, I notice Morrigan, standing close to the mirror. "The Eluvian! And it's glowing? We should—"

Ariane puts a hand on Fin's shoulder, stopping him. I take a step forward, closer to Morrigan. Baby barks and rushes towards Morrigan, the mage playing with my baby and petting him. When I get close to the steps, she raises her hand. "No further, please." That's when I break down. When I hear her voice, tears start sliding down my cheeks. "One more step and I leave. For good, this time."

I shake my head. "There's no need to run."

"I assume you know what this is," she ignores what I said and looks at the Eluvian. "I have gone to great lengths to find and activate this portal. Give me reason and I use it, and you will not be able to follow.

"I didn't come here to fight you."

"I did not think you had. Tell me: why did you come?"

"We were friends once, Morrigan," I tell her, brushing the tears away.

Her face softens. "So you chase me all this way... to offer help? I will never understand you. .And you will never understand me."

"I won't understand unless you help me to."

Morrigan shakes her head. "I... would not even know where to begin explaining."

"Well, then, let me talk," I say, feeling my heart drum inside my chest. "I need to confess," I say and tears start to flow even more. "You know that I have a child? With Alistair?" I ask and to my surprise, Morrigan nods. "It shouldn't have been possible," I mutter. "We are both Grey Wardens, it shouldn't have been possible!" I said again, louder. "But it was. Because instead of killing Flemeth I made a pact with her. I am so sorry Morrigan. This is all my fault," I mumble and fall on my knees, shaking from all the crying.

I hear her steps as she crouches next to me. "I always knew, Dawn. And I was never mad."

I look at her, confused. "How?"