Chapter 13- Old friend

I bite my lips and look at Morrigan, that looks like she is sleeping. She isn't. She is in the Fade, and Maker, I am so scared for her. I gulp and start to walk around the room. What if she doesn't make it? What if the demon's to powerful?

"Could you please stop moving around? It's annoying," a Circle mage mumbles.

"Could you please stop being such a jerk? It's annoying," I tell him too and sit on a chair. He snorts and continues to concentrate on the ritual. After what it seemed like an eternity, Morrigan's eyes open. I run at her and squeeze her into a tight hug. "I was so scared," I mumble.

She pushes me and gives me a small grin. "The demon is defeated and the child should be safe."

"Thank you!" Isolde screams and hugs Morrigan too. Alistair puffs out air, and I giggle. "Now there's only one problem, " Isolde murmurs. "Arl Eamon is still sick and needs help."

I bite my nails and glance at Alistair. "I think that we should go first and get the treaties and then search after the Urn." I mumble.

Alistair sighs, but agrees with me. "You are right. We might not even find the Urn, and we need those treaties." I nod and tell my companions to start packing. I see Alistair going somewhere and I follow him. We are into Arl's Eamon's study room. Alistair picks up a book and looks through it. "This is where I used to spend most of my time" Alistair begins. "While Eamon worked on some papers, I used to read here, or play in the garden with the sword."

I chuckle and go behind his back, hugging him. "I think you should go pack up too." I mumble with my mouth on his back. He puffs out air, almost chuckling and puts the book back. He flashes me with a smile and then leaves the room. I look around, but a shiny thing, in the corner of the room, catches my attention. I carefully move my feet and get there, picking the thing up.

It's an amulet.

An amulet with a little paper on it. "For Alistair," I mumble, reading what's on the paper. I try to put the amulet into my pouch, but it just won't fit. I take out the black grimoire, that I forgot I had there. I think Morrigan will be interested in this. I put the amulet in my pouch, and go to the garden, where my companions are.

I hand Morrigan the grimoire. "What?" she asks, looking shocked. "You found Flemeth's grimoire? Ever since we discovered the condition of the mage's tower, I had wondered if it might be recoverable... but I had yet to speak of it to you. How fortunate that you found it on your own."

I give her a small smile. "You have my thanks. If I may, I would like to stay here, in the castle and study the tome."

"Of course, Morrigan. You are tired, too." I pet Baby. "Do you want my mabari to stay with you."

She crooks her nose. "No, thank you." I nod at her, and she gets into the castle, with her fancy, swaying hips, walk. My head turns at my companions, as I get the small book with the map out of my pocket. "Okay, so we did the Circle of Magi," I say, pointing at the tower, on the map. "Orzammar or the Dalish elves?" I ask them.

"I think we should go first to the elves," Leliana mumbles.

"Me too," Wynne agrees.

Sten just shrugs. Alistair nods. "So this is it, we are going to the elves." I point at the Brecilian Forest. "I think we should start looking there." We start walking out of the castle and head East, to the forest. When I look at Alistair, and I see him just staring at the ground and kicking stones, the amulet weights much more in my pouch. He gave me the rose... I take it out of my pouch and smell it, chuckling. When I feel a pair of eyes on me I turn around.