Chapter 8- Mistakes

Chapter 8- Mistakes

I laugh as I take a drink out of my ale, chatting along with Velanna and Sigrun. We all look at Anders and Oghren that are doing the contest they said they were. Drinking until they pass out – or vomit. Half of us chants for Oghren while the other one chants for Anders. "Go Anders!" I shout at him, slamming my ale on the table, while Zevran laughs in my ear, his breath smelling like whiskey. He never drinks ale – not even in Orzammar.

After the tenth ale, Anders manages to pass out under the table, making Oghren laugh and puke all over the floor. I wrinkle my nose in disgust, but take another sip of my ale, trying not to get too drunk. This is my fourth ale of the night. Justice sits in a corner, everyone too scared or disgusted to talk to him. I start to play with my necklace, where darkspawn blood lays. I call Justice here, chatting with him too.

Some hours passed and Anders finally wakes up, rubbing his face. "Have I won?" he asks, looking at Oghren and the small puddle of puke.

"Nope," I say, drinking my ale. "You passed out right before Oghren puked.

"Shit!" he curses, slamming the ale on the table. Anders loses his balance, almost falling on his butt. I rush to help him, letting him lean on me. "I think I am going to sit down."

I chuckle. "I think I should get you back to your room."

"Yeah," he mutters. I leave the room with his arm around my shoulder, his weight leaned on my body, making it hard for me to walk straight. I kind of don't even see straight right now, after another two ales. I manage to get him into his room – opening the door with my foot. Trying to get him in his bed, he does something unexpected, making me almost lose my balance.

He slams me on the wall, looking down at my eyes. "Anders..." I mutter.

"I always wanted to do this," he says forcing his lips onto mine. His eyes are closed, but mine are wide open as I stare at him in shock, doing nothing. After I regain my senses, I push him off me, making him land on the bed.

"Asshole!" I shout at him. "What did you think? That I was going to kiss you back? I have a baby waiting for me back at home and a husband! Maker, Anders!" I shout, storming out of the room and rushing into mine. I slide down the door, the taste of salty tears on my lips as I lick them. Putting my head into my knees, I realize that everything that Alistair said is true.

I rub my eyes to try to wear the sleepiness off. Waking up with a pounding headache is not the best thing in the morning. I realize that all the night I slept on the floor, so I get up, rubbing my hurting back. Groaning I head towards the bed, just when someone knocks on the door. "Enter," I mutter, looking at the man.

"Warden-Commander, the Seneschal calls for you."

I nod my head. "Coming," I say, following the soldier towards the Throne Room. Rubbing my eyes, I notice that all of the lords and ladies are here, waiting for me. I straighten my back, passing all of my companions, trying not to look at Anders. My curiosity takes the best of me, and I glance at him. His blond long hair is now a mess and his honey colored eyes are not so alive anymore. I get near the Seneschal and nod at him, giving him permission to talk. "The darkspawn have fielded armies – and the nobles want to know how you will protect them."

"What will you do, Commander? I've lost whole villages to the army – army ­– of darkspawn."

Rubbing my nose, I open my mouth to answer, but a red headed elf storm to the throne room, all flushed and holding her stomach. "Commander! Commander!"