Chapter 6- The Architect

I groan in pain as I roll to my right side, only to be met by the cold stone. I look down to see why my armor isn't protecting me from the cold, and just then I remember what happened. The shirt that I wear barely covers my lower parts. I slowly get up on my butt and look at my companions – all without armors and weapons. "Seranni!" I hear Velanna scream as she rushes towards the elf in front of us. She's corrupted too... I scratch my head and lean my hand on the metal bars. "Oh, creators, what have they done to you?"

"They haven't done anything. I'm fine, Velanna. It's not me he wants..." she mutters and looks at me. "I have to get you out before something bad happens. I don't want anyone else to be hurt." I put some hair behind my right ear and my fingers passed the scar, the rough edges tickling me.

"Yes, all right. Let me out and I'll take you home."

"The darkspawn have your things. You can still get it all back if you're careful and clever," Seranni says and glances at the door. "They're going to come to check on you. You have to hurry."

"Wait!" I shout at her. "Please tell me what's going on. You must know something."

"I don't know anything! But take this key. It opens a chest in the emissary's room. Maybe you'll find some answers there," a loud bang makes Seranni flinch. "They're coming! You have to go, find a way out of the mines! Please!"

Velanna throws herself at the bars. "I can't just leave you! Seranni, wait!"

"I'm sorry, Velanna," I mutter. I glance at the door. "Let's see if I still got it," I say and take a pin that's holding my hair, waves falling on my face. I kneel near the door and start picking the lock, until I hear a soft click. I open the door, and just as I do that, darkspawn rush in. "Velanna, Anders, keep them away with magic, while we try to get their weapons!" I shout at them and rush towards a darkspawn wielding daggers.

I kick the darkspawn in the face with my foot, ripping a part of the shirt. It takes a step back, long enough for me to grab his daggers and jab them in his face. I look at my companions, and every one of them has a weapon. Except for Anders and Velanna. "Are you okay?" Anders asks me.

I nod my head. "Let's find our weapons and an exit. Quick."

"And Seranni," Velanna mutters.

We move forward, using as much stealth as possible. After some minutes Oghren pats me on the back. "That thing has my things!" he shouts. "NO ONE TOUCHES OGHREN'S JUNK AND LIVES!" he screams as he rushes towards the dwarf, slamming his body on his. Killing the thing with his fists, Oghren grabs his armor and axe, equipping them.

Smiling, I notice that the other things are locked in a chest. Oghren smashes it open and we all start dressing up. "Never thought that fighting beside you will get me naked," Zevran says, making me chuckle.

"Zev, you've known me for over a year now. Nothing is impossible with me."

He laughs. "True that, my dear warden."

Oghren pushes the doors in front of us, revealing a huge empty room, made for fighting. That thing stands tall on a balcony, with the dwarf and Seranni by its side, watching down at us. The Architect, a voice whispers in my – our – ears. He talked with us. My mouth hangs open when two dragons burst into the room, controlled by this Architect.