Chapter 14- Confessions

"So why would the Crows send you, Zevran?" Alistair asks him.

Zevran raises his eyebrows. "Is there a reason why they should not?"

"Plenty of reasons. Starting with the fact that you weren't exactly the best they had, were you?" Oh sweet Maker, where is this going? I move myself away from them, going near Leliana.

"Slander and lies. For shame, Alistair."

"I am not a idiot. Well, not most of the time." I chuckle. "You're no raw recruit, but I've seen you fight. You're no master of combat, by any means."

"Assuming that I intended a fair fight, that would indeed be a problem."

"But the Crows must have master assassins, the way you describe them. Men with years and years of experience. Why not send them?"

"Why not, indeed?" Zevran asked, seeming annoyed. "It is a mystery for the ages."

"Oh, I get it. You're not going to tell me."

"Morrigan said you were sharp. No liar, she." I laugh and look around us. I take my map out, but this place is nowhere to be found. My eyes wonder around, when I see a tall old building standing in the distance. I snap my fingers to get my companions attention and then show them the building. We begin to slowly drag our feet there. "After we get in there we should set up camp, because it's almost midnight and we are all tired." I mumble. Wynne screams when three werewolves- fucking werewolves- jump in front of us. I put my hand on my daggers, being ready to drag them out.

"The forest has not been vigilant enough. Still you come." The first one speaks, in a deep voice. "The Dalish chose well, but you do not belong here. Leave this place!"

"You don't actually expect me to leave, do you?"

"You are as treacherous as the Dalish. We will not allow harm to come to Witherfang!"

"Why do you call the Dalish treacherous? You attacked them!"

"And they deserve no less! You are an intruder in our home! You come to kill, as all your kind do! We have learned this lesson well." He howls and all the werewolves are now on us. I get my daggers out, and command Baby to protect me. Doing a front flip over one of the werewolves I cut his head off. I begin to run towards the werewolf that talked to me, but as I want to slice him up, a white, beautiful wolf jumps on me, and I fall on my butt. He barks at us and then runs off with the other werewolves.

Alistair runs towards me, with Zevran, and they both help me get up. "We should go in the building." I look up at the sky, that is covered by black clouds. "It's going to rain." Just as I said that a thunder heard in the distance and rain started to pour out of the sky. I run towards the door and slam it open, making place for everyone.

"Be careful! Enemies are coming!" Leliana shouts and I quickly drag my bow, shooting in the direction of the skeletons. "Dawn, behind you!" I hear Alistair. I look behind me, dragging my bow, but when I see what's in front of me I scream bloody murder. I keep screaming as I run away from the spider. Alistair takes his sword and slashes the spider. I go behind him, hugging his back. "Am I safe?" I ask, shaking.

He turns around and looks at me. "So let me get this straight: we fought demons, human, skeletons and oh did I say demons? And you are scared of some spiders?"