Chapter 22- You are so beautiful

I yawn and stretch, moving on the other side of the tent. I bump into a body, and I lazily open my eyes. My breath is now stuck in my throat as I look into Alistair's hazel eyes. "Maker's breath, you are so beautiful." He mutters under his breath.

I deeply blush and get up on my butt, putting a strand of hair away from my face. "T-thank you." I say and get up. "What time is it?" I ask him while I start to dress into my armor.

"Morning. Really early in the morning."

"Well, if we want to get to Redcliffe before nightfall then we should pack and keep moving." I get out of the tent. "We're burning daylight! Come on, let's move!" I shout at them and they all start to pack up.

We start to move forward, towards Redcliffe's castle. "Dear Warden, I would love to talk with you," I hear Zevran saying. I turn my head and smile at him. "I need to get this off my chest."

"Of course, Zev, anything you need."

He wiggles his eyebrows. "Anything?" I chuckle and push him a little bit. "Look, about what the guardian—" Zevran stops as an arrow flies right next to my head and another one is at my feet. My companions and I draw our weapons and look at the group of thieves in front of us.

Zevran gasps. "And so here is the mighty Grey Warden at long last. The Crows send their greetings, once again," The leader speaks.

Zev grabs my hand and gets in front of me, in a protective manner. "So they sent you, Taliesen? Or did you volunteer for the job?"

The man, Taliesen, smirks. "I volunteered, of course. When I heard that the great Zevran has gone rogue, I simply had to see it for myself."

"Is that so? Well, here I am, in the flesh."

"You can return with me, Zevran. I know why you did this, and I don't blame you. It's not too late. Come back and we'll make up a story. Anyone can make a mistake."

I try to hide my shock and I tighten my grip around Zevran's hand, not wanting to let go, or I'm afraid that everything will break. "Of course I'd need to be dead, first." I tell Taliesen and for the first time he looks at me.

"And I'm not about to let that happen." Zevran says.

"Oh, so that's your new accessory, hm?" He asks. "A cutie, I have to say. But dear Zevran, you've gone soft!"

"I'm sorry, my old friend. But the answer is no. I'm not coming back... and you should have stayed in Antiva." I sigh in relief.

"Kill the boys, but keep the pretty girls alive!" Taliesen screams and attacks us. I can feel two arms around my body, and suddenly I am ripped off of Zevran's grip and thrown into a wall. My vision blurs for a second, but then I quickly get up on my feet and look at my attacker. A Crow, of course. She punches me in the face and my head hits the stone wall again.

Shaking my head I see the elf taking out a knife and rushing towards me. I duck and get one dagger out, slashing her right cheek. She screams in rage and I see how she puts her knife over the wound, and her blood starts to pour over the knife, that is now suddenly on fire.

"Blood magic," I whisper to myself. When the elf throws the knife at me I roll on the other side and kick her leg. Bad move. She grabs me by my hand and punches me square in the jaw. She grabs me by my collar and looks me into the eye. "You're lucky, sweetie, because I was ordered to deliver you alive."