Chapter 6- Leliana and Sten

"Well. Look what we have here, men." An armed guard says, coming with his crew towards us. "I think we've just been blessed."

Alistair looks at them. "Uh-oh. Loghain's men. This can't be good."

"Didn't we spend all morning asking about a woman by this very description? And everyone said they hadn't seen her?" Another guard asks their leader.

"It seems we were lied to."

"Gentlemen, surely there is no need for trouble. There are no doubt simply poor souls seeking refuge." A woman dressed in Chantry robes talks to them. She has deep blue eyes, and her ginger hair ends right near her chin, having two strands braided and a deep orlesian accent

"They're more than that. Now stay out of our way, Sister. You protect these traitors, you'll get the same as them."

I scoff and look at the men, holding my daggers. "It looks like he wants a fight. I'm happy to oblige."

The guard near the leader looks in my eyes. "Right! Let's make this quick!" I draw out my daggers and cut off one of the guard head, while Morrigan shapeshifts into a spider and biting another one. Baby howls, stunning all of them. Even the Sister fights with us. Where did she learn to fight like that, cause I am sure she didn't in the Chantry. "All right, you've won! We surrender!"

The Sister looks at us. "Good. They've learned their lesson and we can all stop fighting, now."

"The Grey Wardens didn't betray King Cailan. Loghain did."

"I was there!" The leader shouts. "The teyrn pulled us out of a trap!"

"The teyrn left the king to die!" Alistair and I shout.

"I'm telling you, you really are connected through some kind of black magic." Morrigan mumbles.

"The Wardens led the king to his death! The teyrn could do nothing!"

I laugh humorlessly and drag my daggers. "You are really blind."

"Please! Wait!"

"They have surrendered!" The Sister tells me. "They were no match for you! Let them be!"

"They were going to kill us!"

"Dawn is right!" Alistair supports me.

"But they failed, and I do not wish death on anyone."

"Then give them a final prayer, Sister." I say and hold tight the leather ends of the daggers.

"You mean... very well. May the Maker forgive your trespasses. May He keep you in His sight and guide you." With one move I stab him in the torso, while looking in his eyes. He falls on the ground, dead. "I apologize for interfering, but I couldn't just sit by and not help." She tells us.

"So I see. Where does a sister learn to fight like that?"

"I wasn't born in the Chantry, you know. Many of us had more... colorful lives before we joined." Hm, colorful lives. "Let me introduce myself. I am Leliana, one of the lay sisters of the chantry here in Lothering. Or I was."