Untitled Part 26

A sinking rope of scales curled past the trees,coiling among the bark and dragging across the ground as the master of the tail jogged past with clicking ivory claws- a memory of white dragon with ivory sails raised and breaths quick and shallow.

A dragoness was searching for treasure to add to her lair.

The dragon's love of shiny things stems from the fear of being stabbed in their 'Achilles heel', the unprotected belly famous for being slashing by knights in their quest of valour to save a maiden in distress (favourite of a desperate dragon because of the human's tendency to wear jewels).The jewels stick to their soft skin, offering some protection from an invading substance such as a sword, a lance, or a pike. And dragons are like magpies- clever and adept at taking gold from others, having grown to love the substances and the way they sheen and glitter in their eye.

They judge each other by the wealth they have stored away like humans, but they do not sell their treasures for other fancy flights- say, a satin dress partial to a vixen or a citrine for a sapphire envied by a drake, unless it is the month of trading ( July- August).

Her pulse in her neck could almost be seen, slight but throbbing as she swung her head back and forth to find the distinct metal-fruity scent of a gem worth keeping. But our dragoness was tiring, her pace slowing to a walk with a bowed head- she had already traveled many a mile in search of her goal and nothing had been sighted.

And in the climax of her unhappiness, the familiar glow in her chest alerted her to something....something she wanted;wanted to keep for herself. A trinket just over there by the two willows which was just waiting to be found and either eaten up or taken off with.

And it was alive.

And it was hers.

It would have been, if not for the black prince drake with the brown tipped scales standing over her prize. He was standing with his back away from her, head dipped like a swan's over a small lump of something. His eyes widened slightly when he saw her.

"I don't fight females."

"Well, now you shall." she replied confidently.His thin clinking scales rustled like the dying leaves in autumn.

Turning around to meet her fully,"If i lose you won't gain anything," he warned. "I don't fight commoners."

She thought about this, glancing away into the shadows of the trees. Why did she want to fight a larger dragon for a small treasure she hadn't even seen very well?

Because she wanted it.

"If i win you won't gain anything," she said in the same tone,and her body lowered itself to the ground slightly." you big naakhunouc*."

Like the young vixen wanted, the drake got aggravated and leapt at her immediately, his paw outstretched and bat wings unfolded. Apparently the dragon was not used to being fought because of his high status and he was still too young for a serious battle anyways, but our white dragoness was used to slashing viciously for her sustenance. She sidestepped His Clumsiness, jumped to his open flank and drew back a paw to slap him hard upside the head- which, to our satisfaction, landed soundly.