About 99.9% of the reason. || 3

*when I'm talking about suicides in this chapter it's a "drill" where you run from one line to the other and so on and so on, like there and backs*

~Lux Montgomery

I know to many people, a threat like the one Jacob had said wouldn't seem like much, or scare them. But I'm going to say right now, he's my enemy, and there's a reason for that. So I should be scared.

Because Jacob stays true to his threats, and if there's one thing I know it is that Jacob does not like to lose.

But he's going to lose. I don't even know what he's going to lose to... but whatever this competition is... I'm going to win, not him.

I can't let him think I'm weak.

Let this war begin.

***

I run out to soccer practice and all the girls scream and rush up to me when they see me, "Lux where were you?" My best friend Mia demands shaking me.

I roll my eyes at my best friend, "Jacob." I say bluntly, she nods in understanding, I quickly fill her in on everything that happened.

"Ms. Malfoy is a bitch." Mia reasons.

I scoff, "that's an understatement." Mia laughs in reply, "I think I broke Jacobs hand." I snicker.

"Serves him right," Mia grins, and then points to all the soccer balls laying out on the field, "we've got a soccer practice captain." She salutes me. I chortle at my ridiculous friend and run after her so we can start the drills.

I look to my right and see the guys soccer team practicing. I whistle signaling for them to come over so we can start the practice.

"Okay, so—" I begin when I'm cut off by one of the guys.

"Where's Jacob?" He asks me skeptically.

"How should I know?" I shrug, but he looks me in the eye, he knows that I know the truth. I give up, "he got in trouble and he's not allowed to come to practice—"

"Who's not allowed to come to practice?" That all too familiar voice asks, I turn around to see his perfect teeth grinning down at me. His dark brown eyes squinting playfully.

"You." I cross my arms over my chest and lean on one leg raising my eyebrow at him.

"Well, that's hardly true now isn't it?" He smiles.

"But—" Jacob puts his finger over my lips signaling me to be quiet.

"But nothing, I'm here, you're here," he says, then yells, "now let's get to practice!"

All the guys holler and pump their fists in the air, all the girls roll their eyes at the guys and stare at me.

"Um, let's... Practice?" I say as more of a question, and they all cheer.

"Yay, soccer practices, let's all cheer and hoot like its Christmas time." I say sarcastically, but no one hears me.

I don't know about anyone else, but I hate soccer practices. But maybe, maybe my drills are fun?

I shake my head and jog over to Jacob, conversing with him about the drills we are going to run today.

"Suicides." Jacob says flatly.

"No! You're the only one that likes them." I groan.

"I say suicides. Do you have any ideas captain?" Jacob says shortly, competing with me.