Jakes P.O.V

*read authors note at end please!*

~Jake Carpenter

So here we were, locked in the janitors closet again. Just me and Lux. I could tell by the look in her eyes that she was scared that what I did last time I would do again. And it's not that she was a bad kisser or anything... She was actually an amazing kisser.

I just know she hates me, and it wouldn't be fair to her to kiss her when I know she doesn't want me to. That's just not something you should do. Whether you're a girl or a guy, if someone doesn't want you to do something you shouldn't do it.

Especially if you care what they think.

So that's why even though I don't want to be enemies with her anymore I'm going to pretend like I don't like her, because that's quite obviously what she wants. So I'll do it. For her.

"So what's your plan now genius? How do you plan on getting us out of here?" I argue.

"Just shut up Jake! For two seconds! I don't see you coming up with any ideas!"

"I think all your bad ideas are affecting me as well, because I'm empty. Thanks Lux."

"Do you not know what the word shut up means Jake?" She groans pulling at the ends of her green hair.

I actually think the green hair looks good on her. I like her original brown better, but any hair looks good on Lux.

"No, obviously I don't know what that word means. But quite obviously you don't either considering you're still talking to me." I roll my eyes pacing back and forth in what little space I had in the janitors closet.

"You never told me to shut up." She protests.

"I shouldn't have to!" I snap.

Why hasn't she dyed her hair back to brown yet? It has been like 3 days.

"Why haven't you dyed your hair back to brown yet?" I voice my thoughts.

She sighs rolling her eyes, "obviously I'm never going to be able to get you to shut up," she exclaims, "I booked it, I'm getting my hair done after school today. So that's why I need to get out of here."

Oh. Well how the hell am I supposed to get her out of here, she got us in this mess and she can't even get us out.

I make my way back over to the door kneeling on the floor to look underneath the space between the door and the floor. There's a black shadow that appears to be round which I am guessing is the door knob.

The door had for some reason locked and when the doorknob fell off the door stayed locked. For whatever reason.

Whoever designed this place is a dipshit. 'Hey let's make a door that can't be unlocked from the inside!' And then their boss would be like, 'great idea Ed! You're brilliant!' I mean, that's how I imagine it would go down.

"The door knob fell off and now we're locked in. It can only be unlocked from outside."

A look of worry washes over her face but as quickly as it had appeared it vanished, guessing she wanted to look strong, I pretended I hadn't noticed.

Even though I did notice.

I don't understand why she feels like she has to be so strong around me.

"I can't, Jake. I have to get home, if I'm late I'm dead."

I walk over to the door fiddling with the handle.

"Okay, I'll get you home don't worry. But the days not even halfway over that gives us over three hours to figure this out." I reason, attempting to calm her nerves, even though she didn't think I knew that she was freaking out inside.