Sky Diving, Trampoline park? || 16

"Where are we going?" Austin sings excitedly clapping his hands together.

"You'll see dude. Just chill." Parker assures him rolling his eyes as he turns on the music.

"Oh, but is it a trampoline park! Skydiving... No! Indoor sky diving?"

"No." Parker sighs, bored, turning up the music even more to tune Austin out.

Austin keeps rambling but I can't hear what he's saying because of the music.

"Parker, cut it out." I say quietly, putting my hand on his shoulder.

He glances at me, "Fine. But only for you, this kid's annoying." He huffs, focusing his eyes back on the road.

"Good." I smile cheerfully at him, then I look behind me to glance at Austin.

Who was now having his own jam fest in the back seat playing the air guitar and screaming loudly.

I reach over the center console to mute the music, I laugh to myself when he continues to sing until he realizes the music stopped. He looks at me for a second then he shrugs and starts singing again.

I throw my head back in a fit of laughter at my best friend. Out of the corner of my eye I see my brother quickly look at me to smile and shake his head, and then once again he returns his gaze to the road.

Once I sober up I turn around and fix my posture so I'm sitting straight up and stare out the front window.

Then I burst into laughter again but this time at myself.

***

After a 1 hour drive we end up at our destination.

"Skiing?" I deadpan.

"Yup." My brother confirms, with a nod.

"Yay! Skiing with my best friend and her brother... This sounds like some type of movie, or show... Or book!" Austin screams jumping up and down childishly in his seat, "what?"He shrugs when he realizes the way Parker is looking at him, "is it because I didn't mention you're my best friend too bro?" Austin asks with a pouty face leaning over towards the front seat, hand on Parkers shoulder.

Parker shakes him off glancing to me, "He brought his pills, right?" My brother asks desperately, motioning towards Austin.

"Yes he did!" Austin chimes saluting Parker.

Parker coughs awkwardly, "uh, good."

"I don't need them right now though, I'm being pretty chill." Austin states rather proudly.

"Yeah... Okay, let's just go get our skis." Parker trails off hopping out of the car.

Austin and I hop out following behind Parker as he locks the car and heads towards the resort.

"How long are we staying for?" I ask the question that's been in the back of my mind.

"Just for today," he says loud enough for both Austin and I to hear, "I can't handle much more of that kid." He motions to Austin.

He keeps calling Austin a kid, but Austin's only a year younger than him, as I am too.

I glance back at my best friend with a sad face, Parker likes Austin, he's known Austin for longer than I have considering Austin is one of his friends as well.

I met Austin because he was Parkers friend, him and I just so happened to get along.

Sadly, Jake is one of Parkers friends too. Jake has done a lot of things that make me hate him. But I really don't have a main excuse for why I hate him or why he hates me because we've hated each other ever since we met.