Shh, That'll be our little secret || 9

~Lux Montgomery

Mia still hadn't come out of the school and I was starting to get a tiny bit worried.

Not that I needed to. It's just she never came out late, and she always came out with us. Maybe she got in trouble by one of the teachers. But again that never happened either.

"Austin, where's Mia?" I turn around in my seat questioning him.

"Um, I don't know, maybe she's in the washroom," he suggests, "girl problems." He whispers cupping his hand around the one side of his mouth.

I just stare at him.

It's not even Mia's time of the month.

"Or she could be in there wondering where we are because maybe she didn't know that we came outside, oh! I know she could Possibly—"

"Okay, okay I get it, let's just go in and find her then why don't we?" I cut him off, unbuckling my seatbelt. None of that made sense.

"I don't think that's such a good idea." He says quickly, which I didn't think was possible considering how fast he was talking before.

I raise an eyebrow at him pausing in my seat, "why not?"

Now it's his turn to be silent, his face going white. This kids lying, I know he is, you can always catch Austin in a lie.

"Um... I dunno..."

"That's not a good enough reason, I'm going in are you going to come with me?"

He looks down at his phone, and his face goes red, "My cat's giving birth!"

"What cat? You have a cat? Since when?"

He scratches the back of his head, "since 2 days ago...?" He says unsure.

"You bought a pregnant cat?"

"Um, no. You see, she came to our home in very rough shape. And my mom decided that we would aid her back to health. In the process we were calling everyone in the neighbourhood asking if they had lost a cat, they all said no. So mom decided to keep her." He reasons quickly.

I just look at him with wide eyes, hopping into the drivers side and putting the keys in.

"You're sure? We're not just going to leave Mia stranded at school for nothing?"

And borrow her car without her knowing.

"Nope, besides Mia has a ride home with—" he cuts himself off before he says who she's going home with.

I turn back around to face him raising an eyebrow, "with who?"

"Uh," he looks down at his phone, "my mom says we need to hurry!" He says avoiding the question.

Somethings going on here.

***

"Thanks for the ride, bye!" Austin says quickly hopping out of the car, I hop out as well, walking up to the doorway with him, "w-what are you doing?"

"Coming to see your cat give birth because that's exciting and not gross at all!" I say sarcastically pumping a fist in the air.

"My mom's making supper... You know how gross her cooking is."

I scrunch my nose up with the thought, "so? How's that affect me coming inside?"

"Because it stinks." He replies, I sniff the air.

"I don't smell anything." I say.