Pyjamas, mistakes and minions || 11

~Lux Montgomery

I wake up to the sound of snoring. I look to my left and I see a figure laying in bed beside me.

"Wake up." I hiss quietly, smacking the guy beside me.

"Ow, talk about a rude awakening." He mumbles rubbing his arm.

"Jake!?" I shriek, making sure to stay quiet.

"In the flesh." He says gesturing to himself.

"What happened? Why are you here, in my room?"

"Oh, you don't remember?" He asks wiggling his eyebrows.

I get a cold chill as I think about all of the things that could've happened, "what don't I remember Jake?"

"I don't know, if you can't remember how am I supposed to know what you can't remember?"

"What happened last night?"

"A lot."

I wince as I feel a sharp pain in my head, "did I drink?" I ask holding a hand to my head.

"Did you drink?" He scoffs, "I think you downed all the alcohol there!"

"Okay. Cool. Great. I'm going to get an Advil. And you need to leave now." I whisper-shout.

"I'm not leaving your side honey." He winks giving me a hug, "you need any Advil sweetie."

"Okay. What is your problem?" I ask him concernedly, before wincing in pain from my pounding headache.

Just one of the many joys of being Lux Montgomery. Getting headaches pretty much everyday since the age of 4. Drinking a ton obviously doesn't help. Don't you wish you were me?

I feel like I'm selling something on a TV commercial.

In my head.

Oh shit. I have school.

"Shit!" I curse aloud. Still somehow remaining to be quiet.

"I have school! You have school! You need to go before I get in trouble for having a boy in my room." My parents would have my head. Or more so my mom would have my head.

'You can't be sleeping around with guys.' My mom would say. I'm not. I legitimately fell asleep in my room with a guy. Who just so happens to be my worse enemy. No double meaning to it. Nothing else happened.

'You can't be out partying! You have to be like your older sister Elena and be a mature, responsible adult.' But that's the thing. I'm not Elena. I'll never be Elena. I can't be Elena. I wouldn't be able to be Elena.

I'm not good enough.

"What?" Jake snaps his gaze towards me. "What did you just say?"

"What, what did I just say?"

"Yeah, I'm asking you that." Jake replies, sounding a little bit annoyed.

"I'm asking you the same thing." I respond.

He rolls his eyes, "I'm being serious. Did you say what I think you said."

"What did I say, or what did you think I said."

"That you're not good enough. Because if you thi—"

"I would never say that. I am perfect. Beautiful and sexy, oh yeah and better than you." I smirk evilly at him.

"Lux I'm serious—"

"I am too." I say crossing my arms, "now skedaddle." I say in a grandmas voice shooing him out of my room.