The war begins || 4

~Lux Montgomery

"I can't, I can't do this. I'm so sorry Lux. But I need to go." And with that Mia runs out of my front door before I could even say a word.

What is going on here!?

I storm up to my room thumping hard on each step, I open the door to my room with so much force it hits the wall and bounces back hitting me in the face, causing me to fall to the ground.

"Argh!" I yell out of pain and frustration.

I hear shuffling feat, and Blake is by my side, "Lux! What the hell happened?" He says putting a pillow under my head.

Could he not just help me up? That would be a lot more helpful.

I groan, and push myself up off the floor my head throbbing.

"You're good? That's good, well I'm going to go now, bye!" He waves and rushes out of my room.

"Dick." I grumble.

So now I have nobody to hang out with. Ugh.

I guess I'll just dye my hair by myself. Mia and I were supposed to dye our hair together, I walk into the bathroom and remember I forgot to pickup my hair dye.

Shoot. My mom and dad are both gone and they took both their cars. My car is stuck at the repair shop, and my brothers gone so I'm stuck alone. Without a car.

I call Mia to see if she's willing to come back so we can go get the hair dye and hangout together again, but that doesn't happen because my call gets sent straight to voicemail.

I decide I'm just going to stay home, and dye my hair later when I remember that I was supposed to go into the city to pick up my moms dress from the dry cleaners today, because she needs it by tomorrow she has a meeting at 7:00 am and the dry cleaners doesn't open until 9:00 am. It closes at 8:00 pm.

And it's currently 7:12.

I have no idea what I'm going to do.

I try calling Blake again, but his call goes straight to voice mail too.

I try Mia 4 more times each call is forwarded to voicemail, I try Blake another 3 times, and the same results.

I have no idea what I'm going to do.

Well, there's only one thing I can do, well, 2. But one of them means I have to stay home and forget about my moms dress. Which if I do I'm dead.

And option 2.

Option 2 shouldn't even exist. I wish it didn't exist. I wish they didn't exist.

Jacob Carpenter.

I put on my coat, put my hair into a messy bun, and run out the door, I knock on the Carpenter's door twice before someone opens it.

"No, we don't want any Girl Scout cookies. Goodbye." A gruff voice says before slamming the door in my face. It sounded like Jacobs dad.

How rude.

I knock again and this time the door doesn't even open, "I said no—"

"It's me. Lux." I say quietly.

This time Jacob opens the door up a few inches sticking his head out, "Lux?" He asks tilting his head, then stepping out of his house to stand in front of me, "what do you want." His voice suddenly sounding harsh.

"I wanted to ask you for a favour." I say bravely.

"Why would I do a favour for you, no." He says angrily.