Chapter Sixteen

Not So Stereotypical
Chapter Sixteen: Home

Another summer day has come and gone away in Paris and Rome but I want to go home. May be surrounded by a million people I, still feel all alone
I want to go home. Oh, I miss you, you know.

And I've been keeping all the letters that I wrote to you. Each one a line or two I'm fine baby, how are you I would send 'em but I know that it's just not enough. My words were cold and flat and you deserve more than that.

Another airplane, another sunny place I'm lucky I know, but I wanna go home I've got to home. Let me go home. I'm just too far from where you are, I want to come home.

And I feel just like I'm living someone else's life. It's like I just stepped outside when everything was going right. And I know just why you could not come along with me. This was not your dream but you always believed in me.

Another winter day has come and gone away in even Paris and Rome. And I wanna go home, let me go home and I'm surrounded by a million people I, still feel alone and I want to go home. Oh, I miss you, you know
let me go home. I've had my run, baby I'm done. I'm coming back home, let me go home. It'll all be alright, I'll be home tonight. I'm coming back home.

Kurt and Blaine sang. They were in Kurt's dad's hospital room. It'd been more than a week now and he still hadn't woken up.

Everyone knew that Kurt didn't believe in God. But some of the Glee kids would try anything. They all sang religious songs which Kurt hated, so when Blaine said he wanted to sing a song Kurt was surprised.

He picked, "Home" by Blake Shelton. It was one of his dad's favorites. He didn't know what made Blaine choose that song but he loved him even more anyways.

"We were in the living room watching a football game. You went to the store to get a few things for Carole. He just suddenly said, "If you ever want to sing a song for me Anderson, Home by Blake Shelton's the one." I laughed of course. It was so random. But now that he's here, I wanted to sing it for him. No matter if he can hear it or not." Blaine explained.

"He doesn't open up to many people like that." Kurt admitted. "Carole was the first person he did. Then Finn. Blaine I know he looks at you like a son too."

Blaine had tears in his eyes and set down his guitar. He rubbed them out of his eyes and took Kurt's hand.

"He's going to wake up." Blaine said.

"Can you give me a minute?" Kurt asked.

"Sure." Blaine nodded, kissing Kurt's forehead before leaving him alone for a few minutes.

"Mercedes took me to church on Sunday. It's funny, while we were singing this memory flashed in my head. Do you remember our first Friday night dinner after mom died? You made a chicken. I guess you just wanted to make me feel like some things were still normal. You put it on the table and cut into it and it was raw." Kurt took his dad's hand and let out a small laugh. "Then we both looked up at each other for a second and cracked up before we remembered that we weren't suppose to yet. I'm sorry about the other day dad. I should of let those guys pray for you. It wasn't about me, it was about you and it was nice. I don't believe in God dad, but I believe in you and I believe in us. You and me. That's what's sacred to me."

Kurt was really crying now. Tears were streaming down his face and he just wanted his dad to wake up. He wanted him to be hearing this right now.

"And I... I'm so sorry that I never got to tell you that." He said.

There was the tiniest movement that came from Burt. He squeezed Kurt's hand tighter.

"Dad?" Kurt said jumping up to go get a nurse. "Nurse Nancy? Dad I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere."