WT1| Temporary Arrangments - 06

"Danger is Risk's cousin and both ofthem are to be avoided

them are to be avoided."

      Two days and twelve hours, I hadn't heard from anyone

Two days and twelve hours, I hadn't heard from anyone. Sometimes Wyn came to check on me to make sure I was okay but it was always brief. I missed him. I missed Terri too.

Three days ago, Wyn brought me Rei. It was the most exciting moment of my life. He opened the door and walked in with a sleeping baby in his arms. It was her. However, he ignored me when I asked about Terri.

Now, he barely came back. Sometimes I would wake up and he'd be there and other times it wouldn't be the case. It was always just me, Rei, and takeout watching Nick Jr while Wyn made sure the hotel bill was paid and that we weren't hungry or bored. He also made sure I kept up with school work, notes, and tests.

We texted when he felt like it appropriate to respond and I could always feel myself growing jealous inside. I found myself wondering if he was with someone else more than I wondered if Terri was okay.

"Tete." I heard, pinching my heart. It was Rei trying to talk.

"What you say?" I asked, trying to get her to repeat it. "You say Tete?"

"Teteeee." She repeated, I gushed with excitement picking her up as she mocked the words that I had been trying to get her to say for weeks.

"Oh, my God, Princess. Are you trying to say my name?" I wanted to cry. Hearing her call me the baby version of "Auntie" touched my heart and Terri was missing it. Terri was missing it all. Of course, not by choice.

Reiya had been the only bit of happiness I could muzzle out of being kidnapped and held hostage. If I knew where the key card was, where we were, and where to go, I would gladly get us both the hell out of here. But it wasn't possible. Besides, I didn't want to put anyone at risk- that mostly being Reiya or Terri.

The door opened slowly and Wyn came inside with a box of pizza, a bag from Forever 21, some baby toys, and diapers for Rei.