For the Future

"We finally are going to leave the cabin. Don't get me wrong, I love this cabin but I think I've had enough of it for a while. And I want to continue my training. Mich has decided to come with us to Japan, so has Kate and Paul. The three of them will train with Chloe. Sensei accepted to train Mich once he recovers. He hasn't accepted to train the twins just yet but I'm guessing he will, eventually. 

David and Nadel have decided they will travel a bit over the world before going back to school and to work. I don't know if they will even travel together or not. But I understand their need to go out and explore without the need to look over your shoulder all the time. 

Sydney is going back to collage to study medicine, she wants to become a doctor. And she is highly motivated. After everything we have been through she is now more determined than ever to save people's lives. We decided to keep in touch. Somehow, we formed a friendship. I think it was over David's body. 

We don't know what happened to Alex. He disappeared. And, truthfully, we aren't looking for him. Wherever he is, he is long gone.

After the whole crazy night. Adara and I are closer than ever. I sometimes join him inside my consciousness and we juts run together. He has been opening up to me more and more. And not only that but I transform a lot more now. I let him out whenever he wants. And he is even sometimes part of the conversation! Yeah, Mich and Adara have also become great friends. 

Sokaku and I...who knows what will happen with us. I am actually hoping something does. I mean, I'm pretty sure something did happen between us but then crazy Celsius came in the way, but now that nothing is getting in the way...maybe, something will happen.

Now, I still have 45 fera. Which means that five have already found a person to form a bond with. I've decided, with the help of everybody, that we will track down every person one of these fera forms a bond with and when they turn 14 we will help them over come it. We already know the whereabouts of three new born babies that have the fera from the five that are already out there. So don't worry, if you grow a tail, some claws, maybe wings or even gills we will be there to help you out. And we will show you how to control your abilities..."  The man with the white coat reads out loud. He turns to his daughter, who is sitting next to him. He leaves the stack of papers, containing the story he just read, on the table. He kneels in front of her. 

He can't help but feel sad as he sees her. She looks at the ground, embarrassed that her dad just read her story, she lets her brown wavy hair fall over her brown eyes. She is only twelve years old.

"Skye, I liked your story." The man says with a big smile. The little girl named Skye looks up to him in surprise. 

"You did?" She asks, feeling a bit proud with her work. 

"It shows that you are an incredibly intelligent girl. Besides, you came up with an idea of why you are who you are, Skye." The man doesn't say that it is probably not likely that the story explains why his daughter has beautiful black wings and a tattoo in her right shoulder. 

"I just want to know why I am so different. Dad am I a freak?" Skye asks with tears in her eyes. "Why am I the only kid that has wings?" 

"Because you are incredible, that's why. Skye, you are no freak. You are an angel that I was lucky enough to find and I couldn't be happier. I love you Skye, exactly who you are." The man says and hugs his daughter tightly. 

"I love you, too, Dad!" She says with a big smile. Her fathers soothing words makes fer fears disappear. She jumps off the chair and is about to leave the room when she stops and turns around. "You know what dad? I don't need to know why I am like this, because having wings is actually pretty cool. And I like flying!" She runs off and disappears through the door. 

The man laughs. His daughter is really something. Going to all the trouble to write a story just to maybe explain why she is the why she is, without anybody getting suspicious. She is brilliant. And she even came up with a great explanation, although thinking it clearly over, it doesn't quite fit her. 

He might not know anything about who his daughter is, but he does know that he will always be there for her, even when the going gets tough. He knows that it will get harder when she gets older and he can only prepare her for it the best way he can. He has been teaching her how to fight for that exact reason. 

Maybe, it is finally time to start the more harder training?