I'm Better

"Since when does everybody eat breakfast together?" I ask. Looking at everybody sitting on a chair or on the sofa with a plate of food. I notice Mich is not here, he is probably still asleep. I cross my arms and look at them curiously. Do I really miss that much because I don't wake up early every day? Definitely. But it's worth it.

"What are you doing up?" Sokaku asks while he hands me a plate full of food. 

"Is it really that surprising that I woke up early?" I ask and take the plate from him and start eating. Even though I was the last to start, I'm the first to finish.

"Because I have something planned today!" I tell him with a smile. I then walk back to the living room where everybody is still finishing their breakfast.

"What are you guys doing today?" I ask. "Nothing? Great! I would like to borrow you all for some training, what do you say?" They are looking confused at my outburst but I expected that so I wait patiently. 

"Why?" Alex asks. I also expected him to question me.

"Well since there have been people attacking us, I thought it would be safer and better if you guys got stronger." I say sincerely. I do believe what I said but that wasn't really the reason I wanted to do this. It's all part of my plan.

They all look at each other. I am waiting to see who would be the first one to answer. 

"I'm in." Nadel says and seconds later he stands up, walks into the kitchen and puts his plate in the sink. I smile. Paul nods and Kate says yes shortly after. Sydney stands up and says yes. David looks at Alex for an answer but Alex stays quiet. In the end David says yes.

"What about you Alex?" I ask him.

"You couldn't teach me anything." He simply says, he leaves the cabin without turning back.

I laugh. "I'm better than you think."

I'm actually glad he didn't say yes, if he had stayed he would have judged and would have eventually gotten suspicious. David is another matter completely, he is still wearing the same white tank-top...or does he have a thousand of those things? I'm still not sure what his deal is, I'll just have to be careful around him.

"Can I come?" Sokaku asks.

I just look at him, my brain not really working and I stay like that for a while. Mich snaps me out of it when he loudly walks down the steps. He is clearly still very tired and out of it and it took him some time to even notice us in the room.

"Mich, are you okay?" Paul asks.

Paul walks up to Mich and I can't help but smile when I see the worried face on Paul. They are getting very close. I like it, I really do.

"Yeah, I'm just tired. What are you guys up to?" He asks looking around the room.

His eyes stop when he looks at me and his eyebrow goes up, the way it always goes up when he is asking a question. I just wink at him. If Mich knew about what I had planned it wouldn't be so fun.

"Great, now that we're all here let's get started! Everybody ready?" I ask.

I know right now when we all go out in to the woods Sokaku will follow us, so I don't even bother to answer him. I see some nods and some say yes. I walk fast out the door and into the woods. It's hard for them to keep up, from the corner of my eye I even see Kate and Sydney running. That just makes me go even faster. Running is a good work out, but if they couldn't keep up with my pace this training was going to be hell for them.

"Slow down! Your going to fast!" David yells.

I turn around so I am facing the group of people following me but I don't slow down. Sydney and Kate are struggling for air, Mich, Paul and Nadel are sweating but they still look like they could go on. David, on the other hand, is just jogging and doesn't  even looked bothered.